Author Topic: Customer being harassed  (Read 911 times)

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Customer being harassed
« on: November 14, 2019, 10:18:44 AM »
Good morning,
I have a customer that keeps getting called by an unlisted number. The calls consists of heavy breathing and other unwelcome sounds.

I am fairly inexperienced with this system and am wondering if there is a way we can trace the call and extract the number since this comes through a pri.

They are using release 8.0 sp 3 pr3

Any ideas?

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: Customer being harassed
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 06:09:22 PM »
Good morning,
I have a customer that keeps getting called by an unlisted number. The calls consists of heavy breathing and other unwelcome sounds.

I am fairly inexperienced with this system and am wondering if there is a way we can trace the call and extract the number since this comes through a pri.

Any ideas?

How do we know your not the guy making the phone calls trying not to get caught [emoji848][emoji1787][emoji85].

You can’t trace a withheld number and I don’t think you can block withheld numbers directly on the MiVB (possibly with an IVR workflow in MiCC).     If they are calling a direct dial number then just swap the DDI for the user and the existing DDI will get unobtainable/number not recognised if it is set to ring nowhere.

They should report it to 101 if it’s that bad.

https://www.lincs.police.uk/reporting-advice/stalking-and-harassment/

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 08:42:19 AM »
This is why I prefer SIP over ISDN, much more useful in these scenarios.

I dont know of any other way of tracing one of these calls through physical lines other than contacting the line provider. Regardless of if a number is withheld they should always be able to tell you some form of source number.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 08:03:30 PM »
Good morning,

Any ideas?

Tell them to record it and report it to the police.
Most countries have a Telecommunications law that allows police to prosecute people for this kind of behaviour.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10