Author Topic: Important - MiVoice Business Internal Certificate Replacement 2020  (Read 3693 times)

Offline Martin

• View Profile
Hi all,

I may be late to the party here, but its the first I've heard of this and thought I would post in case anyone else wasn't aware.

There is an internal security certificate on MiVoice Business systems which is due to expire on August 21, 2020. This affects all MiVoice Business systems running anything from release 5.0 up until release 9.0 SP2.

Before this date, any MiVB system which meets the above will either need to be patched or upgraded. Mitel's official advice is that if the patch or R9.0SP3 is not installed, on or after Aug 21st 2020 the systems will go into license violation, which after 3 weeks will then be service affecting.

They have released advice and patches which will differ between systems for example:

• 3300 Controllers (e.g. AX, CX, LX, MXe)
• Virtual, MiVoice Business Express, ISS, MXe Server and Stratus
• MiCD

Here is a link if you need to read more about it - along with the process to patch the systems: https://www.mitel.com/articles/mivoice-business-security-certificate-requirement

PB2019Sept1E - MiVoice Business Security Certificate Update - Revision 1.pdf - is also available via Mitels Infochannel which includes a full description of this.

Systems dont need to be in SWAS for this patch. Luckily it can be installed in about 5 minutes!

At least we have plenty of time to prepare..

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 12:01:29 PM by Martin »

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: Important - MiVoice Business Internal Certificate Replacement 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 06:29:56 PM »
Hi all,

I may be late to the party here, but its the first I've heard of this and thought I would post in case anyone else wasn't aware.

There is an internal security certificate on MiVoice Business systems which is due to expire on August 21, 2020. This affects all MiVoice Business systems running anything from release 5.0 up until release 9.0 SP2.

Before this date, any MiVB system which meets the above will either need to be patched or upgraded. Mitel's official advice is that if the patch or R9.0SP3 is not installed, on or after Aug 21st 2020 the systems will go into license violation, which after 3 weeks will then be service affecting.

They have released advice and patches which will differ between systems for example:

• MiCD

Here is a link if you need to read more about it - along with the process to patch the systems: https://www.mitel.com/articles/mivoice-business-security-certificate-requirement

PB2019Sept1E - MiVoice Business Security Certificate Update - Revision 1.pdf - is also available via Mitels Infochannel which includes a full description of this.

Systems dont need to be in SWAS for this patch. Luckily it can be installed in about 5 minutes!

Thanks

Thanks I have not yet been made aware of this, and it doesn’t look like that security advisory has been out very long, out of curiosity how did you find out?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 07:04:33 PM »
This has been out for several weeks for sure. I saw it a few weeks back and I know it was out before that

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 07:22:39 PM »
Definitely a good heads up. I also saw it a few weeks ago but make a habit of checking infochannel at least once a week. Does anyone else know of a way to get these bulletins as they come out?

I'm curious to see how many customers in our area reach out to a dealer/partner for the first time in years when there system quits working in August.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 06:50:40 AM »
Hi all,

• MiCD

Thanks

Thanks I have not yet been made aware of this, and it doesn’t look like that security advisory has been out very long, out of curiosity how did you find out?

From the product bulletin details it looks like it was posted on August 30th 2019. In terms of how I found out, I try when I have time to have a look through recent announcements or updates via infochannel as there is some useful stuff in there that doesnt seem to be communicated elsewhere. This for example is one of them.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 06:54:07 AM »
Definitely a good heads up. I also saw it a few weeks ago but make a habit of checking infochannel at least once a week. Does anyone else know of a way to get these bulletins as they come out?

I'm curious to see how many customers in our area reach out to a dealer/partner for the first time in years when there system quits working in August.

You can sign up to Infochannel emails by going to "my profile" and selecting which products/areas you are interested in. Surprisingly though, I had MiVoice Buisness selected but I didnt get emailed about this, which of all things you would think would be a priority considering how many systems this is going to affect.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 04:24:21 PM »
Don't bother clicking on the link here is the info to patch.. LOL what a joke!

"
Installation Process

Please follow one of the options below to have the software patch or service pack software installed.

1. Please contact your current Mitel Reseller
2. If you don't have a Reseller, get one!
"

Nice directions. Anyone could have given those directions out. Please pay up, Mitel is dying, would had sufficed. So I have to pay to patch? What kind of bullsh*t is this?

I am still running ver R7.1 and I can say GO F*UCK YOURSELF MITEL. There's plenty of players in the voice business since VOIP started in the 90s. I can recommend a better solution that won't drain your pocket of $$$. I'm moving over to Grandstream. All features and functions come complete. No pay to play, Grandstream already has many features of Mitel without license cost/ users.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 07:05:08 AM »
Don't bother clicking on the link here is the info to patch.. LOL what a joke!

"
Installation Process

Please follow one of the options below to have the software patch or service pack software installed.

1. Please contact your current Mitel Reseller
2. If you don't have a Reseller, get one!
"

Nice directions. Anyone could have given those directions out. Please pay up, Mitel is dying, would had sufficed. So I have to pay to patch? What kind of bullsh*t is this?

I am still running ver R7.1 and I can say GO F*UCK YOURSELF MITEL. There's plenty of players in the voice business since VOIP started in the 90s. I can recommend a better solution that won't drain your pocket of $$$. I'm moving over to Grandstream. All features and functions come complete. No pay to play, Grandstream already has many features of Mitel without license cost/ users.

Cant comment on your other frustrations with Mitel however just so you know they're providing this patch free of charge for older systems. You can download it from the software download centre via your Mitel connect login. Then there is a 5 minute tutorial video with instructions on how to do it.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 04:12:33 PM »
I've been searching for where to download this patch. I have "customer login" status at Mitel. Where do I find the patch? I looked around the internet and some people are suggesting the patch is only available to vendors. If it is available for free and to everyone, where is it?

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 05:13:01 PM »
I've been searching for where to download this patch. I have "customer login" status at Mitel. Where do I find the patch? I looked around the internet and some people are suggesting the patch is only available to vendors. If it is available for free and to everyone, where is it?

You need to login to MiAccess with your Mitel account. From here its Software Download Center >> Navigate by Catagory >> MiVoice Business >> Root Certificate Update

Martin

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 02:47:50 PM »
I logged into Mitel User Group. I have no direct link to Software Download Center. When I google Mitel Software Download Center and click on the link it says access deny.  At the portal there is Vendor, Customers, and User Group. With User Group I am able to get into Mitel MiAccess and here are my permissions:

Assigned policies
    Admin

Assigned privileges
    InfoChannel
        Application access
    Knowledge Management System
        Application access
    Learning Management System
        Application access
    Mitel User Group
        Application access

When at Mitel Software Download Center, if I click on "Don't have an account" I get: "If you are a Mitel End-User who wants access to the Mitel User Group please complete the registration via the link below."

AFAIK, I have access to Mitel User Group but Mitel User Group does not have access to Software Download Center..

I did several hours of going in circles and reading. It looks like in order for someone from the general public to access Mitel's Software Download Center, you need to be a OneView customer or have a current service contract with Mitel. I'll keep looking and going in circles, but don't think the general public has access to this update.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 03:13:23 PM »
Contact your vendor, this is easy to do and won;t take them long to get you fixed.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 03:37:22 PM »
So it's not free. We have not worked with our vendor for years, as we try to be self sufficient.

Here is what I've found on Mitel's site for getting access to Mitel Software Download Center
"
Accessing Software Download Articles
Jun 27, 2018•Software Download
Extended Summary

There are Software Download articles for the MiCloud Connect, MiVoice Connect, and ST14.2 (and earlier) phone systems. Access to most Software Download articles is limited to Partners and Enterprise Supported Customers.
"
Since this was presented as free, I'll be waiting forever for the link to download.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 07:02:42 PM »
I get what you are saying but it is free - you don't need current SWA or have to pay for the patch. If you haven't used your vendor I imagine you are out of maintenance? Call Mitel and ask them what they suggest.

So it's not free. We have not worked with our vendor for years, as we try to be self sufficient.

Here is what I've found on Mitel's site for getting access to Mitel Software Download Center
"
Accessing Software Download Articles
Jun 27, 2018•Software Download
Extended Summary

There are Software Download articles for the MiCloud Connect, MiVoice Connect, and ST14.2 (and earlier) phone systems. Access to most Software Download articles is limited to Partners and Enterprise Supported Customers.
"
Since this was presented as free, I'll be waiting forever for the link to download.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10