Author Topic: ACD Path - How to get music, ringing then music again  (Read 1547 times)

Offline moona

• View Profile
ACD Path - How to get music, ringing then music again
« on: November 12, 2019, 11:07:45 PM »
Hi guys,

If a call comes into an ACD path and no agent is available (Queue callers to group when no local agents are logged in and present) it should play Hold music. Currently, it is playing Embedded 1 (Music). However, once an agent becomes available (begins ringing the agents DN) the MOH changes to use 0. If the agent doesn't answer in time it continues using MOH 0.

I need to figure out a way for the MOH source to be constant so that I can actually have a scenario where:

* Music whilst queued in ACD Path
* Ringing when agent becomes available and is ringing agent DN (to show the customer that an agent is about to be connected)
* If the agent doesn't answer in time and the customer goes back to being queued it starts playing music again.

In an ideal world once the ACD agent is ringing it should produce ringback to the customer without having to use any form of MOH (Like it does when an extension gets a DID call) Why is when a call is offered to an available agent in an ACD path it is changing the MOH source to 0?

Even in a scenario where this may not work, I need a consistent way to play one single MOH source the whole time as currently when the MOH source switches from 1 to 0 it is complete silence (unless I either upload hold music or a ringing wav file to MOH source 0.

The downside to this is once the call is presented to the agent and the MOH source changes to 0 it continues playing hold music but starts at a different point in the file or if I upload a ringing wav it will just carry on playing ringing.

Hope this makes sense. Basically, in summary, I want Mitel to stop changing the MOH source to 0 once an ACD call is presented to an agent. It should provide ringing the same as when an extensions DID is called.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:28:51 PM by moona »

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: ACD Path - How to get music, ringing then music again
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 05:49:32 PM »
Firstly, your agents should be answering when their set rings - that is a problem that needs solving.

Secondly, you should create a new Call Coverage Service #2 that has MOH#1 set, then put all your agents in CCS#2 instead of CCS#1.

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 10:34:52 PM »
Firstly, your agents should be answering when their set rings - that is a problem that needs solving.

Secondly, you should create a new Call Coverage Service #2 that has MOH#1 set, then put all your agents in CCS#2 instead of CCS#1.

I never said this was an overly common scenario, however, if the scenario does happen where an agent misses a call and all other agents are attending other calls I expect the system to actually sound and feel seamless and not something clunky like what is happening right now.

Changing the ACD agents call coverage service to 2 and setting that MOH source as a ringing wav does not work. It sets the MOH source to 0 as soon as the call is presented and then keeps it stuck on 0 when reqeued.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 11:23:02 PM »
If my agents were not on a call and not in make busy and they failed to accept a call presented to them, I'd hand them over to the CIA for some waterboarding.

Do you have MOH#1 set as the MOH for only Recording 1 on the ACD Path?

Is it being re-queued to the same path, or is there a backup path it's going to?

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 04:01:31 PM »
If my agents were not on a call and not in make busy and they failed to accept a call presented to them, I'd hand them over to the CIA for some waterboarding.

Do you have MOH#1 set as the MOH for only Recording 1 on the ACD Path?

Is it being re-queued to the same path, or is there a backup path it's going to?

It happens on occasions :D, especially in high volume call centres.

I have put MOH 1 on Recordings 1 through 4. I thought this was only for Inqueue RAD messaging, however? It is just being re-queued to the same path.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10