Author Topic: Mitel 5340 IP - No Audio over headset  (Read 1343 times)

Offline rubadum

• View Profile
Mitel 5340 IP - No Audio over headset
« on: November 12, 2019, 02:15:38 PM »
Hi,

Not usre if I am posting this is the correct place, so forgive me if not.

We have a Mitel phone system on Micollab. We have 3 different sites where the phones are used.  One is as a remote teleworker, configured to connect via the border gateway. Second is at a site in the uK running on a 10.1.1.0 subnet. Third site is in the US running on a 10.1.2.1 subnet.  Both subnets are connected over a VPN.

The issue I have is that for some unknown reason, all phones at the US site (whcih is about 5) work perfectly fine when in handset use, but not in headset mode. We have confiured headset buttons to turn them on and off as needed.  The phones are not muted.  When someone tries to talk down their headset, the other person can just about hear them very very quetly.  But the person ont he headset cant hear anything. 

We use Plantronics 89433-01 Wired Headset and Plantronics HIS-1 Adapter Cables.

These are different to use ones we use in the UK, as they were recommdned for use in the US market.

Any ideas why the headsets arent working correctly?

Many thanks in advance.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5340 IP - No Audio over headset
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 07:00:19 PM »
I had one the other day that was super quiet.
I went into the settings menu on the phone and changed the headset options, checked the connection at the back of the phone, and rebooted the phone and it came good.
I then had to help about 20 people setup their headsets and for about half of them the headset wouldn't work until I had pressed hard on the headset plug in the back of the phone to get it to connect.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10