Author Topic: Call Forwarding Always going straight to voicemail from external calls  (Read 3511 times)

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I'm working in a Mitel 3300 PBX system.
Trying to setup the ability to forward all calls to cell phone for a user.

I set up a Call forward always key in the user's account config and it works in forwarding internal calls to his cell phone. However, when dialing the DID number we assigned his extension in System Speed Calls, the calls are going straight to his mitel desk phone's voicemail message recording. Is there a way to allow it to ring through to his phone on external calls as well?

Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Call Forwarding Always going straight to voicemail from external calls
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 02:53:23 PM »

I set up a Call forward always key in the user's account config and it works in forwarding internal calls to his cell phone. However, when dialing the DID number we assigned his extension in System Speed Calls, the calls are going straight to his mitel desk phone's voicemail message recording. Is there a way to allow it to ring through to his phone on external calls as well?

Thanks!
Assuming all your COR and routing is correct, disable CID Pass-through or get your carrier to allow you display any number as Caller ID.

When an external caller calls in and is then forwarded out to phone, the caller ID is passed through and shown as the originating caller's caller ID on the outbound call. So to your telco they see the inbound caller as originating the call on your trunk as an outbound call. Usually if this is a local call there isn't an issue and they allow the call, but if it is a toll call or your carrier has strict rules, they reject the call, thus routing the call to the extension's voicemail.

Offline Apersons

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 02:54:09 PM »
If you're using a call forward key on his phone, make sure you set the forwarding profile for the key and make sure it's turned on.

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 03:21:21 PM »

Assuming all your COR and routing is correct, disable CID Pass-through or get your carrier to allow you display any number as Caller ID.

When an external caller calls in and is then forwarded out to phone, the caller ID is passed through and shown as the originating caller's caller ID on the outbound call. So to your telco they see the inbound caller as originating the call on your trunk as an outbound call. Usually if this is a local call there isn't an issue and they allow the call, but if it is a toll call or your carrier has strict rules, they reject the call, thus routing the call to the extension's voicemail.

I guess I'm not certain the routing or CID is correct. Calling that extensions DID number when it's fwd always key is pressed acts as if the phone is in night mode or off since it goes straight to VM. Could it be because his first alternative is routed to a 1*130 directory number but that is not setup yet in a personal ring group?

edit: I should note this extension is an ACD agent so it doesn't look like they can have personal ring groups anyways.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 03:23:18 PM by deydist »

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »

Thanks!

Does this only happen when he is logged out or logged in or both? If he's forwarding his ACD agent ID and then logging out I could see where this would cause issues.

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 09:05:33 AM »

Does this only happen when he is logged out or logged in or both? If he's forwarding his ACD agent ID and then logging out I could see where this would cause issues.

I don't believe that's the case. I tested the same setup on my phone and it does the same thing for call fdw always, just goes right to voicemail when dialing it via a DID number. So there must be something not setup correctly for this in general.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 05:54:18 PM »
Call Forward works fine in general.

Can we start with what version of software you have running on the Mitel controller?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 06:50:21 PM »
I'd check the class of service for extension and trunks to see if they have external forwarding enabled

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 11:32:58 AM »
I'd check the class of service for extension and trunks to see if they have external forwarding enabled

Release level: 7.2 SP1
    Active software load: 13.2.1.25

I thought that might be it johnp but no luck!

Another option I am finding is setting the COS Voicemail ports to Public Truck. However, I have no clue what the risks are in doing this. Can that mess anything up?

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 12:16:24 AM »
OK, so if you're on 7.2, why do you have direct in-dials associated with speed dials?

Your DIDs should be configured on the DID form.
Your speed dials is where you should have your call forward targets configured, when your call forward targets are external numbers (although you can call forward to external numbers fine without using speed dials anyway).

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 01:41:41 PM »
OK, so if you're on 7.2, why do you have direct in-dials associated with speed dials?

Your DIDs should be configured on the DID form.
Your speed dials is where you should have your call forward targets configured, when your call forward targets are external numbers (although you can call forward to external numbers fine without using speed dials anyway).

System Speed Calls is where our DIDs appear to be assigned to their extension #s
I am not familiar of a DID form or where to find that if that's what it is called.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 08:22:05 PM »
The form is called Direct Inward Dialling Service. I think it was introduced in v6.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10