Author Topic: Express Messenger  (Read 1655 times)

Offline patrickb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Express Messenger
« on: November 08, 2019, 01:34:24 PM »
Can the Engineering Code for Express Messenger be changed? I have a hacker.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Express Messenger
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »
Can the Engineering Code for Express Messenger be changed? I have a hacker.
What do you mean "engineering code"? The technician level password for mailbox 999? You can change that by logging in with that password and change it. If a hacker has changed that password, you will need to contact Mitel support but the Express Messenger has been discontinued for many years (assuming you mean the Express Messenger card for the SX-200 Light).

Offline patrickb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 05:21:59 PM »
Technician level password I guess that's what it's called. I'm used to that term for the long number used to increase the ports from 4 to 8. It's the one not commonly known.
My guess is that someone knows that and keeps dumping all of the mb's. I locked down the vm and sx200ml so they can't call out but now they're just deleting mb's.
Does anyone from Mitel know if this can still be done? Or if I could find something in the logs?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 10:13:59 PM »
Technician level password I guess that's what it's called. I'm used to that term for the long number used to increase the ports from 4 to 8. It's the one not commonly known.
My guess is that someone knows that and keeps dumping all of the mb's. I locked down the vm and sx200ml so they can't call out but now they're just deleting mb's.
Does anyone from Mitel know if this can still be done? Or if I could find something in the logs?
Actually, the most common cause of this is someone logging in as installer and pressing 1 (To delete this installation and begin a new one, Press 1)... In newer versions this is protected so that you have to confirm before it does anything, but in earlier versions it doesn't, it just wipes the system. Note that the Manager password still plays this prompt, but you cannot actually do it and pressing one will return "this command is unavailable at this time" and restart the menu.

Offline patrickb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 11:12:23 PM »
Normally your right. I've changed both passwords a couple of times and so has the customer. It's just odd how they keep getting in.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 11:52:26 AM »
Normally your right. I've changed both passwords a couple of times and so has the customer. It's just odd how they keep getting in.
Increase your password length to 6-8 digits... Annoying for users but will eliminate this issue.

Better yet, upgrade to a 3300 and just turn off the TUI. (Yes, I know that isn't an option in most cases)

Offline patrickb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 11:55:59 AM »
Thanks. I'll have them try that. That should help me figure out if they know the tech code.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10