Author Topic: MiVoice Call Recorder v9.2 Remote SQL Std  (Read 1173 times)

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
MiVoice Call Recorder v9.2 Remote SQL Std
« on: November 06, 2019, 11:09:40 AM »
MiVCR has been up and running for years; have outgrown the SQLExpress DB Size and planning to move to Std SQL - remote server.

SQL 2016 Std configured per the 9.2 SP2 Install guide, but have a few questions.
SQL Protocols settings:  The document states to set TCP/IP >IP1 IP address to the Call Recording Server.
     Does this apply to remote SQL server?
Is Reporting Services required on a remote SQL solution?

Is there a guide for completing this objective (lift and move to Std SQL)?  The DB Restoration guide is not exactly this scenario…
My plan is.
Install and configure SQL 2016 Std
When ready to cut-over:
     Shutdown call recording services
     Backup CTSDevices DB
     Launch Create DB server logins targeting the SQL 2016 Std server
     Use the Network Config Tool to edit to the new SQL 2016 Std server
     Restore CTSDevices DB on the SQL 2016 Std server
     Start call recording services using the start batch file
     Use Call Recording Admin, Housekeeping drive usage to verify new SQL 2016 Std server is shown for CTSDevices
Verify all works

Any advice is appreciated.

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
Re: MiVoice Call Recorder v9.2 Remote SQL Std
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 11:36:34 AM »
The plan was completed successfully.  The Housekeeping job failed to backup the remote DB however. I created another maintenance plan to backup the remote DB.

Although the CTSDevices was the only DB restored, all other Call Recording DBs showed up on the remote SQL later on.  This was an unexpected find.

Error of the backup fail:
Major error occured while backing up [1.2.3.4.!CTSDevices!]: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Error 3013, Level 16, State 1, Procedure cts_BackupDatabase, Line 8, Message: BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Both SQL servers have the sql service running under a domain account (same one used by Housekeeping service).  Domain account has sa permissions.  SQL Data folder is shared / full control and domain account has permissions.

Onward.

As to the questions I posed:
SQL Protocol settings - left the IP as default which is the new SQL server; not the Call Recorder IP.
I did install Reporting Services whether it was needed or not...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 11:42:32 AM by mitel361 »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10