Author Topic: Need to unpin an IP 6920 phone as Hot Desk only  (Read 3460 times)

Offline jmiker

• View Profile
Need to unpin an IP 6920 phone as Hot Desk only
« on: November 05, 2019, 11:02:02 AM »
I'm a network admin, not a phone tech, just getting that out there. I was trying to add a user and somehow in all of that I caused a phone to show "Locked" and it's now a Hot Desk only phone. I can log into it, and I can even log into the Advanced options. I did try a Restore Default reset but it came back up as Hot Desk.

I also poked around trying to find the extension number, thought perhaps I could just delete the extension and start over but I'm not sure where that lives. The system is a 1.5 years old, I think a 3300.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Mike

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: Need to unpin an IP 6920 phone as Hot Desk only
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 11:09:01 AM »
Under the extension number (user and services config) service profile tab I think you have changed the service level (license) from Full to IP device only.  This is also where you will find the extension number.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 05:49:29 AM »
in the feature acces code :

Hot desk login
hot desk loutgut

dial the primary code to lougout the phone.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 06:23:38 AM »
I'm thinking the easiest thing for you to do is clear the MAC address from the extension (which should be displayed on the phone)

Then if need be you can PIN it in again.

Even restoring the handset to default values won't help as the number is associated to the MAC address so it will just configure itself accordingly.

Offline jmiker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 09:50:24 AM »
Thanks for the replies. (Not sure why I didn't get any email notifications though.)

I spent a couple more hours last night poking around and finally got it removed. Sorry to say I don't know exactly what finally did it as I was working on it from home.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 06:10:06 PM »
The way I change a phone from a hotdesk phone to a phone with a fixed number on it is I setup the extension in the controller then copy in the MAC address of the phone into the extension's Device Details tab.
At some point over the next few hours the phone will figure out who it's meant to be and load up its config properly. So that's OK for remote work being done overnight.
If they need it working straight away, I tell them to reboot the phone.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10