Author Topic: Multi call keys vs Ring Group  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile
Multi call keys vs Ring Group
« on: November 04, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »
I have taken over admin of a MiVoice Business and I have noticed that there is a ring group set up for 2 extensions to ring at the same time, but then there are multi call keys set up in a different department to get all their phones to ring at the same time. I am wondering what is the difference? I can't seem to find any significant differences so I am wondering why they weren't set up as both ring groups or both multi call keys?

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multi call keys vs Ring Group
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 01:41:54 PM »
A ring group takes a pilot number and rings the users' base sets. So when their phone rings it may be from the ring group, or it may be a direct call - it's hard to tell (Unless they're close together if the phones ring at the same time it's likely a ring group call). With groups you can also have people go on make busy when they are not available or working a project and not receive calls from the pilot number.

With the multicalls users have a button on their phone and will be able to distinguish the source of the call. They can also put this call on hold and use or answer their base extension.

If there is no particular need either way, with IP sets that have enough keys I tend to prefer the multicall method but there's nothing wrong with having a ring group.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Multi call keys vs Ring Group
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 08:08:06 PM »
You can also have a Ring Group populated with multicall keys that you put on people's phones.
This is good to prevent MiCollab-twinned phones from disabling the Ring Group.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10