Author Topic: Dynamic CPN Substitution dependant on state being called  (Read 835 times)

Offline moona

• View Profile
Dynamic CPN Substitution dependant on state being called
« on: October 30, 2019, 06:03:43 PM »
Hi guys,

We have a customer who wants to be able to present a number local to the region they are calling. At this stage, we are looking at a per-state basis but could even be broken down to larger regions within states (Yes, that's a lot of numbers!)

e.g if they ring a number in California it presents a number from a California region.

This customer wants this to be dynamic on their end meaning they do not want to have to enter a different dial plan or hit a line key on their phone to do this (they can't any way as they are all ACD softphones)

The only way I believe this can be done is if there is an option within MiVB to say if the Called number = XXXXXXXX then present specific CPN = XXXXXXXX
To my knowledge, Mitel hasn't created anything smart enough to do this, it all seems very static either via dial plans, DNs with CPN/associated directory numbers and line keys on phones.

The other way I thought this may be able to be done is via a SIP adaption script on the MBG (SIP trunks are proxied through here) to basically substitute the caller ID dependant on the digits dialled.

Does anyone have knowledge of how this could be implemented or have done something similar?

Offline doncarlyon

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic CPN Substitution dependant on state being called
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 04:34:23 AM »
I'd reckon you could achieve this using ARS and multiple SIP peer profiles with differing default CPN's.

i.e.
Dial xxxx (California) use route 1
Route 1 uses SIP peer profile 1

Dial yyyy (Florida) use route 10
Route 10 uses SIP peer profile 10

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic CPN Substitution dependant on state being called
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 07:21:06 PM »
I think you can use an Ingate box to do this

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10