Author Topic: Hunt Group Extension List - SIP?  (Read 877 times)

Offline ajiziboc

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hunt Group Extension List - SIP?
« on: October 25, 2019, 02:58:32 AM »
If I can't add a SIP phone to a Hunt Group Extension List (Mitel 5624, for example) will I not be able to use this device to ring simultaneously with an extension (Mitel 53xx)?
Is there a way to add a SIP phone to a Hunt Group Ext List? It doesn't seem to give me an option unless I'm missing something.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt Group Extension List - SIP?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 11:35:57 AM »
ajiziboc,

Why can't you add a SIP Device to a Hunt Group Extension List?

Are you sure it is a Hunt Group Extension List and not some other kind of List?

SIP Devices should show up under Phones/Voice Process Application Lists and Hunt Group Extension Lists, but not any of the others.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ajiziboc

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 11:41:00 AM »
ajiziboc,

Why can't you add a SIP Device to a Hunt Group Extension List?

Are you sure it is a Hunt Group Extension List and not some other kind of List?

SIP Devices should show up under Phones/Voice Process Application Lists and Hunt Group Extension Lists, but not any of the others.

Thanks,

TE

Gotcha! You just replied to my first post, but the time I posted this question I had somewhat figured out the replacement SIP phone needed to be in an extension list in order for it to ring simultaneously, because the previous Digital Telephone that was used was in an IP/Digital extension list added to main day ring for front desk, which is an extension list that is bounced to via call routing.

To revise my question, as I did some research, do I simply make a new Hunt Group Extension List with the new extension and front desk extension? Would this work? Also, should I delete the old one that has the replaced phone?

Thank you!!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 11:46:08 AM »
ajiziboc,

That would work and yes if you are no longer using the other Extension List then you need to delete it as a good programming practice. The only thing you have to make sure of is that anywhere that Extension List is used you replace it with the new one.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ajiziboc

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 11:48:53 AM »
ajiziboc,

That would work and yes if you are no longer using the other Extension List then you need to delete it as a good programming practice. The only thing you have to make sure of is that anywhere that Extension List is used you replace it with the new one.

Thanks,

TE

Excellent! Thank you so much. One last question! Is there any easy way to find where certain lists are used in MiVoice 250? Or is it just a matter of drilling down and finding them manually?

I know this stuff seems trivial to you but I'm a network administrator and don't know much about phone systems (until I've had to learn recently!) so thank you! Very helpful.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 12:03:07 PM »
ajiziboc,

Unfortunately there isn't a report that I am aware of that will show that to you. You will have to go through everything in the system that can have Extension Lists in it and verify that; not only Hunt Groups use Extension Lists.

So, CO Trunk Groups, DID Routing Tables, Voice Processor Applications, System Forwarding Paths, Associated Extension on a phone can all go to an Extension List unfortunately.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10