Author Topic: Mitel 5624 - External calls not working with Dynamic Extension Express  (Read 1094 times)

Offline ajiziboc

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hello!

Recently puchased a Mitel 5624 SIP WIFI phone for our Mitel 5000 server. Have our front desk as Extension 1211, and added the Mitel 5624 extension (1261) in the Dynamic Extension Express profile for the user of the 1211, front desk. When calls are being made internally to the 1211 extension the 1261 extension rings simultaneously, but when external calls are being made to the 1211 extension using its phone number (xxx)xxx-xxxx, the 1261 extension does not ring simultaneously, only the front desk 1211 does.
Is there a certain setting in MiVoice 250 I have to set in order to get the 1261 extension to ring simultaneously no matter what type of call is being made to the 1211 extension?

Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5624 - External calls not working with Dynamic Extension Express
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 11:32:06 AM »
ajiziboc,

If the call is directly ringing 1211 then it won't ring 1261.

Try this to prove it to yourself. Go to any phone on the same system and dial x1211; both phones should ring.

Then trace out the DID coming into the system that you are testing with and it is probably going to a Hunt Group. This means it is not directly ringing the phone, but alerting the phone that there is a call in the Hunt Group; those calls will not ring 1261.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ajiziboc

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 11:37:28 AM »
ajiziboc,

If the call is directly ringing 1211 then it won't ring 1261.

Try this to prove it to yourself. Go to any phone on the same system and dial x1211; both phones should ring.

Then trace out the DID coming into the system that you are testing with and it is probably going to a Hunt Group. This means it is not directly ringing the phone, but alerting the phone that there is a call in the Hunt Group; those calls will not ring 1261.

Thanks,

TE

That makes perfect sense! Especially since the phone we replaced was a 'Digital Telephone' that was in an Extension List added to the Main Day ring which I'm guessing is how that one worked.
If I put both 1211 (front desk) and 1261 (new SIP phone) in a Hunt Group extension list and add it to Main Day ring do you think it will work? Can't add it to the former extension list because it doesn't allow SIP - it was an IP/Digital extension list.
Should I disable DEE if I'm doing it this way?

Thanks for your help! I see you reply/post quite a bit as I've been browsing this forum. Appreciate it!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 11:43:42 AM »
ajiziboc,

If you want both to ring for Calls coming into the Hunt Group then you will need to change the List to a Hunt Group Extension List and it will work as expected. You can leave the DEE setup for anyone who tries to call via other routes; like an Intercom call.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10