Author Topic: MiVoice Office 250 Off-Node Faxing  (Read 1424 times)

Offline mpage

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiVoice Office 250 Off-Node Faxing
« on: October 24, 2019, 02:44:27 PM »
Hi All,

We just upgraded our ancient Inter-Tel Axxess system to MiVoice Office 250. 99% of our 800+ phones are still Inter-Tel digital with a few new 52xx/53xx IP phones. We have 2 PRIs at the HX/PS in our NOC and 12 other HX/PS nodes connected via 10gbps fiber. The migration went surprising well but we're having an issues with faxes. In the past we had our MFPs on analog ports configured as house phones for sending faxes, and DIDs configured for receiving. We can send and receive faxes from the HX/PS node at the NOC but cannot send or receive faxes from any other node. I can hear outgoing and incoming faxes trying to negotiate but the transmissions fail every time. I am assuming this has something to do with the codec being used between the nodes... Is this correct? If so, is there a work around for this?

I apologize if this is the incorrect forum or if I'm asking a question that's been answered already. I've searched high and low but don't find anything that seems directly related to my issue.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVoice Office 250 Off-Node Faxing
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 02:56:57 PM »
mpage,

Let's look at the basics under the following to make sure that you have Faxing setup correctly on each system.

System > IP Settings: Maximum Simultaneous Fax Over IP(T.38) - This needs to be higher than 0
System > IP-Related Information > Local: Fax Detection sensitivity - This needs to be higher than 0
System > IP-Related Information > Remote: Fax Detection sensitivity - This needs to be higher than 0
System > Devices and Feature Codes > Node IP Connection Groups > P8xxx > IP Call Configuration: Fax Detection Sensitivity - This needs to be higher than 0

Now, it has been said that you may also want to change the T.38 to G.711, but that is just something you have to play with to get it to work correctly across your network.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mpage

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 04:26:32 PM »
System > IP Settings: Maximum Simultaneous Fax Over IP(T.38) - This needs to be higher than 0
System > IP-Related Information > Local: Fax Detection sensitivity - This needs to be higher than 0
System > IP-Related Information > Remote: Fax Detection sensitivity - This needs to be higher than 0
System > Devices and Feature Codes > Node IP Connection Groups > P8xxx > IP Call Configuration: Fax Detection Sensitivity - This needs to be higher than 0

Now, it has been said that you may also want to change the T.38 to G.711, but that is just something you have to play with to get it to work correctly across your network.

TE,

Thanks so much for the speedy reply. I've tried values of 5 - 25 on both "Fax Detection sensitivity" settings (I already had "Maximum Simultaneous Fax Over IP" maxed at 6) but no luck. I've even tried changing the T.38 to G.711 Mu-Law (like the old Axxess system) but the Ricoh MFPs won't talk to each other or any other fax machine. We can hear attempted negotiation on either end but they never sync.

Mark

Offline mpage

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 07:04:01 AM »
Hey TE,

I just realized that perhaps I wasn't clear concerning our current setup. The Ricoh MFDs are still on analog ports at each node.

Mark

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 11:38:46 AM »
mpage,

If your sending calls across nodes then you still need to make sure that those settings are setup regardless of what they are connected to at the node they are on.

The issue you may be having is that it may be working fine between nodes, but if the Trunks are SIP based then it may have an issue with multiple compressions.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mpage

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 01:05:28 PM »
TE,

I thought the same thing so I turned off the house phone setting on the MFD at one node and tried directly calling the analog port extension. I'm getting the same result, they won't talk to each other but I can fax across two MFDs on the same node without any problem.

Thank so much for your help,
Mark

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 10:27:55 AM »
We went through the same pain point a few years ago - I didn't even try to fax across nodes.

We put our PRIs into one controller, than put all fax machines on this controller using an Adtran 624. With a single 2-port T1 card, you can use two Adtrans for a total of 48 analog ports.

Offline mpage

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 10:53:25 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the help. We're gonna punt and run everything through a Linux Hylafax server. We were already routing all incoming faxes via email through the district operator and she would forward them where they needed to go. It's been an on-going battle with HIPAA and FERPA compliance anyway (our mail server strips attachments with SSNs) so now I just convert the TIF files to PDF and put them behind Apache with LDAP authentication and send the links instead. Boom. I also hacked out a simple web-based app in PHP for users to send outgoing faxes, we'll see how that works out.

Thanks again,
Mark

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10