Author Topic: SIP trunks on old ICP 7/8 software  (Read 843 times)

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
SIP trunks on old ICP 7/8 software
« on: October 24, 2019, 12:53:19 PM »
Has anyone ever had SIP trunks working on old ICP software?  I've only ever had them working on MCD 4 onwards and even then it was buggy.  I was surprised ICP v7/8 had the option to add SIP trunks (in ICP v6 there is no mention of SIP at all) and there is very limited options and no diagnostics (no tcpdump).

I have the trunks registered but just getting busy
on incoming calls :-(

Also does anyone have a list of what date each ICP / MCD / MiVB software version was released for reference?  I'm intrigued to know how old this software is!

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: SIP trunks on old ICP 7/8 software
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 10:07:48 PM »
I went to school just as v9 was released, we actually upgraded the classroom systems from 8 to 9 as I were there the week it released... I wanna say that was fall of 2008. At that time the 3300 school was two weeks long in Phoenix, and 9.0 released the day we started the class. Although by this time I had been working on the 3300 for several years, I can remember working on releases 4 and 5 and even a few 3's, they were quite finicky back in the day when the SX-2000 was Mitel's flagship PBX.

Sip trunking support was released in the general release of 7.0 in April 2006, there was no SIP trunking support prior to this release. SIP phones were supported from the initial release 3.0 in 2001.

The attached document should tell you what your looking for though...  ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 10:19:21 PM by acejavelin »

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: SIP trunks on old ICP 7/8 software
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 06:56:15 AM »
I went to school just as v9 was released, we actually upgraded the classroom systems from 8 to 9 as I were there the week it released... I wanna say that was fall of 2008. At that time the 3300 school was two weeks long in Phoenix, and 9.0 released the day we started the class. Although by this time I had been working on the 3300 for several years, I can remember working on releases 4 and 5 and even a few 3's, they were quite finicky back in the day when the SX-2000 was Mitel's flagship PBX.

Sip trunking support was released in the general release of 7.0 in April 2006, there was no SIP trunking support prior to this release. SIP phones were supported from the initial release 3.0 in 2001.

The attached document should tell you what your looking for though...  ;)

Thanks Acejavelin I’ve only just seen your reply as I didn’t get any notification!  I managed to get them working on 7/8 intermittently but it’s something I need to go back and check.  That doc is perfect thanks again!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10