Author Topic: Can a MITEL 5330e speakerphone be disabled permanently?  (Read 1294 times)

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
Can a MITEL 5330e speakerphone be disabled permanently?
« on: October 23, 2019, 01:05:04 PM »
Hi folks!

Is there a way to permanently disable the use of the speaker on the 5330e to prevent hands free mode?

My understanding is that IT CANNOT be disabled.

Our concern is that Direct page FC + extension can allow an insider to listen in on a user without their knowledge.

Your input is as always greatly appreciated!

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Re: Can a MITEL 5330e speakerphone be disabled permanently?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 01:59:40 PM »
If you're okay voiding any and all warranty AND not having an audible ringer, you could disable it very easily by opening the phone and cutting the wires that go to the speaker. Of course, if they're soldered you void your warranty, and like I said, no audible ringer either since it's the same speaker.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 02:44:05 PM »
Do you use direct page frequently? The feature code could simply be removed if it's not a vital thing.

You could also delete the FAC and put a "Direct Page" key on the phones.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 10:52:55 PM »
If you're okay voiding any and all warranty AND not having an audible ringer, you could disable it very easily by opening the phone and cutting the wires that go to the speaker. Of course, if they're soldered you void your warranty, and like I said, no audible ringer either since it's the same speaker.

I think you would need to cut the mic.

This will disable handsfree but still allow a ringer and speaker at least. If they get a direct page they will here the page but nothing will be sent back, so no eavesdropping. Although test before hand to make sure.

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 10:33:09 AM »
 ;D Yes, cut the mic! Why didn't think about that :) I would do it but my department will definitely not allow it :)

As far as removing the feature code, yes we can do it.  The phones will still have a working microphone which means eavesdropping remains a potential threat.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10