Author Topic: System password recovery / change  (Read 1590 times)

Offline gr8whtd0pe

• View Profile
System password recovery / change
« on: October 21, 2019, 09:28:57 PM »
I'm just going to start this out that I am a idiot. I lost the Windows VM on my MacBook and with it my system admin program. I've gotten another copy of the programming, but now I cannot remember the password I set with the system. I have backups, but every password I try it doesn't like. Unless the account locks and I need to stop trying...

Anyways, any way to recover the password from the backup or just change it? I really do not want to reset the whole system since I think you lose voicemails and all. I have teleworking phones and that would just be a mess to re-setup.

Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: System password recovery / change
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 10:29:03 PM »
Gr8whtdope,

As a customer you don’t have any options here except to call your vendor or Mitel.

Typically your vendor will have created credentials for themselves that should be higher than yours.

Going directly to Mitel requires a fee to go through the process of changing your password.

There aren’t any other legal ways to get into a system with unknown credentials.

Sorry,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »
Gr8whtdope

I could help.  All I can offer though is I can change the password in a backup and send it back so you can open it.  You would then have to default the system and restore the database.  Voicemail would be lost on default though.

Can you attach the database here?

Otherwise you need Mitel to change the password for you.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 02:31:47 PM »
Gr8whtdope

I could help.  All I can offer though is I can change the password in a backup and send it back so you can open it.  You would then have to default the system and restore the database.  Voicemail would be lost on default though.

Can you attach the database here?

Otherwise you need Mitel to change the password for you.
Beware... We have tried this before, and have been unable to get a default from the front panel to work since about 6.0 on several systems. Might not be an issue in your case, but in our test bench we have tried this with a couple test systems and "default" through the front panel never works to clear the password.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10