Author Topic: Programmable Call Pickup Key?  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Dan

• View Profile
Programmable Call Pickup Key?
« on: October 21, 2019, 05:21:06 AM »
Hello all,

Apologies if this is a simple question but I'm still getting to know the system!

We have offices with the Mitel 5312 IP phones, and I know you can use the Feature Key, followed by 4 followed by the extension that is ringing to pick up a call.

However, I'm wondering if there's a way I can program one of the keys so a user just presses this key and it picks up a ringing phone?

Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Programmable Call Pickup Key?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 06:53:25 AM »
Dan,

First off you don't need to press the Feature Key, 4+ext will work just fine, unless you have SPCL Key Required For Feature Code Entry set to Yes under System Flags.

Do you know which phone you want to answer when you press this key or are you thinking of creating a Pickup Group?

If you have a specific phone then you can create a personal speed dial that dials 4+ext that will pick up a specific extension; example extension 130: 4130. If you have the SPCL Key Required for Feature Code Entry set to Yes then just put a ! in front of the 4; example for extension 130: !4130.

If you have a Group of phones that you want to answer then you will need to create a Pickup Hunt Group with the members being the phones you want to answer the calls of; make sure that you set Group Call Pickup to Yes. Then put a Park/Pickup key on a button and set it for the Hunt Group extension. Now whenever a call comes into any of those phones they can press that key and answer the call.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 11:03:27 AM »
Dan,

First off you don't need to press the Feature Key, 4+ext will work just fine, unless you have SPCL Key Required For Feature Code Entry set to Yes under System Flags.

Do you know which phone you want to answer when you press this key or are you thinking of creating a Pickup Group?

If you have a specific phone then you can create a personal speed dial that dials 4+ext that will pick up a specific extension; example extension 130: 4130. If you have the SPCL Key Required for Feature Code Entry set to Yes then just put a ! in front of the 4; example for extension 130: !4130.

If you have a Group of phones that you want to answer then you will need to create a Pickup Hunt Group with the members being the phones you want to answer the calls of; make sure that you set Group Call Pickup to Yes. Then put a Park/Pickup key on a button and set it for the Hunt Group extension. Now whenever a call comes into any of those phones they can press that key and answer the call.

Thanks,

TE

TE,

The way I envisioned would have been a Pickup Group, I already have the Hunt Groups set up for each department but I have no idea how to create a Pickup Hunt Group. Would you mind explaining, please?

Thanks,

Dan

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 02:00:29 PM »
Dan,

Well, I pretty much already explained how, but let me get a little more in-depth with it.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Hunt Groups > HG XXXX: Set Group Call Pickup to Yes

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > Ext XXXX > Programmable Keys: Hopefully you know how to figure out which programmable keys you have available on each phone. Set it to Park/Pickup and in the Selection column put in the extension of the Hunt Group.

Alternately you could go to the keymap itself and hard program a Park/Pickup key for each Hunt Group, but then you would need a different keymap created for each department if they aren't all going to want to have access to the other departments pickup group; wasteful but it works. Typically a seasoned technician would create a keymap that uses Programmable Keys for as much as possible to allow for flexibility.

Done.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10