Author Topic: Multiple Ring (Day) -vs- STAR  (Read 680 times)

Offline KeysTech

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Multiple Ring (Day) -vs- STAR
« on: October 17, 2019, 06:15:05 PM »
I think I may be over complicating something so wanted to toss it out there.

A small restaurant I put an HX5000 into has eight phones, that when an inbound call comes in, they all ring.    Works for them as any waitress can grab the phone.

They want a single voicemail box, so that if they are busy and no one answers the call gets answered.    No call routing, just a simple / single mail box what hits the indicator light on all eight extensions.

What is the best way for a multiple ring situation to share one box?   I tried setting each phone to no ans/busy to go to the box, but that didn't work.

The follow-up is that the restaurant is closed two days a week, was thinking about using STAR for those days, would that that higher priority over a no-ans scenario?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Ring (Day) -vs- STAR
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 06:28:43 PM »
You need to change that Multiple Ring to Single Ring, and put that extension list into a hunt group which recalls to a mailbox associated with one of the phones. You can use DEE to light the lamp on four phones, but not eight.

You can point the CO Trunk Group to a STAR with the default CRA playing a closed message. Add routing rules for the specific hours they are open, and send those calls to a CRA that times out to the hunt group.

Just remember that unless you add a night mode key, the users can't override the STAR. For this reason, I rarely use STAR applications.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10