Author Topic: Invalid Extension  (Read 1330 times)

Offline westbrockj

• View Profile
Invalid Extension
« on: October 14, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »
I've done a bunch of digging because I'm new to the system and figured it was something basic (and it may still be).

We have three buildings for our school and the nurse's extension comes up "Invalid Extension" when dialed from the other two buildings. They can be routed to that extension by calling a different number and being sent over and anybody in that building can call her directly.

I have checked that there are not any Feature Codes that overlap with that extension and the Automated Assistant does not route anything to 1, which is the first digit. All of the Extension's settings seem to match up with what other Extensions have. Everything I have found online and on this forum seems to relate to all extensions, so the fact it's just one extension not working has me stumped.

I am using MiVoice Office 250.

Any help would be great!

Jesse

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Invalid Extension
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 09:26:05 PM »
Westbrockj,

For some reason that extension hasn’t been able to import over to the other nodes.

Look in the DB programming of those nodes under the node where their extension resides.

If you don’t see it there then it can’t route to it.

Try to create their extension manually in the remote nodes to see what comes up as a conflict.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 09:48:23 PM »
The first step would be a manual import/export across all nodes. If the import fails, Message Print should show the reason why.

Offline westbrockj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 10:30:08 AM »
Thank you both a ton! That was the missing piece. I manually added it to the extension list in the other two nodes and it's working great.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10