Author Topic: Web interface not accessable 3300  (Read 2564 times)

Offline mbaker

• View Profile
Web interface not accessable 3300
« on: October 10, 2019, 02:30:46 PM »
First post.  New to Mitel.  Hopefully someone can give me a clue.

Moved a small office which uses a 3300 (also had a teleworker server which had not been used in years).  Carefully documented what switch ports were used by all the equipment in the office including the 3300.  Ensured router/switch configs were saved.  Backed up the config and shut the 3300 down gracefully through the Web UI.  Moved the office and reconnected everything as it was in the prior location.

Turned on the 3300.  Plugged in the phones.  Phones worked.  Outside lines worked.  Hunt groups worked.  Called it a success and moved on with other tasks.  I did not reconnect the teleworker server.  No one can remember the last time it was used. No one has a password.

Its been about almost 2 weeks.

This am I tried opening the web interface,  Does not matter what browser I use.  It does not open.  I've also found I cannot ping the interface.  Cannot connect via ssh or raw 2002.

I'm at a loss.  Seems if it was a network issue the phones would not be working.  Yet, I cannot explain why I cannot connect to the 3300.

Any thoughts?

Offline ricvil

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Web interface not accessable 3300
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 05:24:04 PM »
If you can't even ping it, you are either on another VLAN or another subnet that isn't routed to the 3300.  Sometimes you don't even realize it but your switch might have the "Voice VLAN" feature enabled which causes the phones to join this VLAN instead of staying on the default one.  Try to PING the phones and if those don't respond either, look into the switch VLAN settings.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 07:20:21 PM »
I might think the phone system has the teleworker address as it's gateway and it had a route to your data network hence no communication

Offline mbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 10:32:38 AM »
Thank you for the ideas.  I'm going to look into both. 

Offline mark.vanderheijden

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 09:16:18 AM »
What kind of controller is it? if it is an MXe than there could be an issue with the LAN interface, when the system is rebooted it works again for 15 minutes or so. You can use a workaround by logging in with putty raw 2002 an give command "period 900,mips_reset", this wil reset the LAN interface every 900 seconds. But you have to replace the hardware to fix the issue.

Gr. Mark

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 07:34:12 PM »
...except the phones are registered and working.

Check the phones to see what their IP address is and what the IP address of the controller is that they are registered to.

Then check your network to see how to get connectivity to that IP address.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10