Author Topic: Caller ID with 2 Systems  (Read 957 times)

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
Caller ID with 2 Systems
« on: October 09, 2019, 11:00:30 AM »
OK guys, this is an ODD one.  We recently went thru a merger and now we have 2 MItel systems that we have been dealing with.  Our main site is a 3300 and the remote sites are 5000's.  Slowly we are moving all phones to our 3300 (not sure why) and the first office is on Friday.  The First question i have is about caller ID.  Currently they are on the 5000 in another city on another provider.  We are porting the number to our PBX and need to know how we get the number so show our Call ID when that office dials out??

The way our 3300 is setup now, we have 2 different entities  that are part of our PBX (a hospital and a Doctors Clinic).  Right now when the hospital dials out it has the hospital Caller ID and ours is separate.  We need to do the same with the remote site.  That remote site needs to say the say the same as our PBX and we need to edit the name.  Can anyone tell me where that is in the system?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Perry 

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Caller ID with 2 Systems
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 11:24:12 AM »
There are a couple of ways to do this depending on how your trunks are set up. What you are looking for is "CPN Substitution."

I like to do this in Users and Devices > Telephone Directory > Associated Directory Numbers and you can set the caller ID individually for each phone.

That can get tedious for larger deployments and can also be set for DID Ranges but that also has it's disadvantages because not all users in a range may need the same set up.

Moving all phones to the 3300 can allow you to consolidate trunking and management. Makes life a little easier and could save a few bucks.

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 11:56:19 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  So if i add a CPN substitution, where is that defined in the system?  We have one for the hospital but not sure where the name is in the system.

Is there a way to change what the caller ID says currently?  We changed the company name and would like to change this.  This is for 70% of all calls coming out of the system.  The other 30 will come from two other locations

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 04:24:46 PM »
If you are looking to change the name displayed on the outgoing number(s) you will have to involve your carrier to modify the CNAM entry in their caller ID Database. Sometimes it can be done on a web portal if they have one.

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »
Got it.  That makes sense. Thanks again for the replies

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 07:35:36 PM »
I would set up network zones and maybe more than one per location. Might make the e911 easier and will provide a default if it isn't set under user or switch port. Also look at location based numbers for emergency numbers and dial zero. Just my thoughts.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10