Author Topic: Recall back to original hunt group?  (Read 779 times)

Offline Dan

• View Profile
Recall back to original hunt group?
« on: October 07, 2019, 07:19:54 AM »
Hello,

Bare with me as I'm a newbie to this software...

So we have 3 hunt groups associated with 3 different DDI's, lets call them Group 1, 2 and 3. 1 and 2 are in the same office, 3 is in a separate office. And they all recall 1 > 2 > 3.

When someone rings Group 1 and it goes unanswered, it recalls to Group 2. If group 2 goes unanswered it recalls to group 3.
This isn't quite how we'd like it; ideally if someone rang the Group 1 DDI, it would recall between Groups 1 and 2 until it get answered.
We only want Group 2 to recall to Group 3 if the call originated from Group 2's DDI.

Is this possible? Or is the recall not as clever as we hope? We have Mitel 5312 Phones.

Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recall back to original hunt group?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 06:48:46 AM »
Dan,

Recall has no logic to it if that is what you were hoping, but all is not lost.

What you need to do is apply some logic up front to solve the issue.

For each DDI you have you will need to create an initial HG that the call goes to.

DDI - 1 goes a new HG 1 that doesn't recall at all, but uses two Extension lists. The first extension list is the same as your original HG 1 and the second extension list is the same as your original HG 2. The timer that will control this is the No Answer Advance. Now when someone calls DDI-1 the call goes to the Hunt Group and just bounces back and forth between the two Hunt Group Extension Lists until answered. If you need it to go to voice mail that is still an option by just creating either a Call Routing Announcement that drops into a mailbox if your choosing OR just create a mailbox that is the same extension as your Hunt Group and Recall it to your Voice Mail extension number.

DDI - 2 goes to a new HG 2 that will work the same as the new HG 1.

DDI - 3 goes to a new HG 3 that will go to whatever you want it to work based on this new programming style.

Oh, I guess I should explain how to create the extension list. If the Extension Lists already exist in the original Hunt Groups you will not need to go any further; just reuse them.

I assume that these are ring all Hunt Groups at this point.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Extension Lists > Hunt Group Members

Move your mouse to the right-hand pane and right click to create a new List; they will all start with a P. Add in the extensions from the original Hunt Group 1 and then select Ok. Repeat this process for phones in what was the original Hunt Group 2 and Hunt Group 3. Remember these list numbers so when you go to add members these lists will be what you add.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 04:21:21 PM »
Once the call routes to the second extension list, you can keep it there by adding that list as a member multiple times. That way it won't ring back to the first list.

Offline Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 10:17:16 AM »
Thanks guys, got it sorted! :D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10