Author Topic: Admin Mailbox Night Message dial out  (Read 1014 times)

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
Admin Mailbox Night Message dial out
« on: October 04, 2019, 04:45:21 PM »
I know I am missing a setting of some kind, but cannot find it. Have a night message (Night1) that plays a message and gives the option to press 1 for after hours support and press 2 for a 1-800 number. The message plays correctly but when pressing 1 or 2 is says this extension cannot be dialed.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Admin Mailbox Night Message dial out
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 06:48:23 PM »
This a MLAA? If so what are 1 and 2 programmed to do? Also check this under VM Options if they don't have a mailbox

Allow Transfer To Any Number

Enable this option to allow the Auto Attendant to transfer calls to any destination in the system whether or not it has a mailbox. To narrow the scope of allowable destinations, use the accompanying field, "Restrict Number that Begin with e.g. (6,8,9)."

To only allow transfers to extensions that have a mailbox, use the default setting, "Disabled."

« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 06:53:55 PM by johnp »

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 07:53:48 PM »
I am using the default admin mailbox for the night message. It is set to admin and not menu node. Can the admin mailbox dial out? It seems that it can but is not recognizing the option? For the time being I am going to try creating a new MLAA and go from there.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 11:57:57 PM »
I guess I am confused... Do you mean you are sending calls to Mailbox 0?

In the 3300's embedded voicemail, there are really own two kinds of "menus", either the main AA menu (meaning no mailbox) or a MLAA. How are you defining 1 and 2 in this case?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 09:08:02 AM »
If you're trying to send to call off site, (such as an answering service) then the best thing to do is to send it to a system speed dial that has override toll security enabled.  Then for security be sure that the VM ports are restricted in COR for other calls.  I've seen several times where a VM box has been hacked and was set up to transfer the caller to an international number.  Blocking the ports from dialing out helps to protect the customer.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 08:06:37 PM »
Getting day/night dial zero can be a challenge. Not having a from displayed comes to mind. I usually use the 2 acd paths, but was wondering if this could be a scheduled speed call import and just import a form that changes the destination? Anyone tried this?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 07:16:11 PM »
Thought about this on the drive into work. Import isn't reoccurring if I recall correctly so that would be a pain to set up

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 09:32:11 PM »
You can also use Business Schedules to create different Re-Routing destinations for differernt times of day.

As Ralph says, you should always use a Speed Dial, not put the real number in there.

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 04:31:43 PM »
I know I am missing a setting of some kind, but cannot find it. Have a night message (Night1) that plays a message and gives the option to press 1 for after hours support and press 2 for a 1-800 number. The message plays correctly but when pressing 1 or 2 is says this extension cannot be dialed.

If your using the default day / night message (mailbox 0) then for additional options I set up mailboxes 1/2/3 etc as transfer mailboxes with the extension set as the destination (ring group / system speedcall etc).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10