Author Topic: Cannot display incoming caller ID on handsets  (Read 1105 times)

Offline CompuSolutions

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Cannot display incoming caller ID on handsets
« on: October 02, 2019, 12:31:23 AM »
We have a Mitel 5000 with Mitel 5334 and 5340 handsets.
We have recently moved from ISDN trunks to SIP trunks connecting to our Mitel 5000 via an ATA (we currently have no SIP trunk licencing for our 5000).  The ATA box is a Grandstream 818 with 4 of the FXO ports connecting to the Mitel 5000.

If I connect the FXO port of the ATA to a single handset and call in to my SIP trunk, the single handset successfully displays the Caller ID so I know that the ATA is propagating the incoming Caller ID successfully.

When I connect the FXO port of the ATA to a Loop start port on the Mitel 5000, the incoming caller ID is not displayed on the handset and I can only get the CO Trunk Group UserName to display

The CO Trunk Group is set to send the call currently to a Single Extension (Mitel 5340)

As far as I can tell I have all the correct flags however no matter what I change I cannot get the originating Caller ID to display on the handsets.  Is this because the Mitel 5000 does not support incoming Caller ID through the ATA even though connecting direct to a standard analog phone shows that the incoming Caller ID is being passed through successfully ?

Can someone please check the settings attached and let me know what I am missing here ?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot display incoming caller ID on handsets
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 04:55:35 AM »
CompuSolutions,

You need to set the loop start trunk port to accept Caller ID.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Trunks

Depending on which country you are from will determine which of the two options to pick. In the US we use Bellcore FSK. If that doesn’t work then try the other one.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10