Author Topic: Alarm 101  (Read 855 times)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
Alarm 101
« on: October 01, 2019, 08:45:16 AM »
I have a customer who keeps getting 101 alarms.  I know that this is a very generic alarm that means there is a hardware issue somewhere. The MiVoice 250 has only been in operation for six months. One phone I replaced the jack and the line cord, and another I actually ran a new Cat6 cable put a new jack on it, with a new line cord to the phone.  I also upgraded the software from 6.3 SP2 to 6.3 SP3.  I am hopeful that these changes may help.  The wiring at this particular customer is very old and runs through multiple IDF's.  The dilemma is that the error screen does not tell which phone is  producing the errors.  I have included a screenshot of the alarm.  If this keeps happening, I am just not sure what to replace next.  Any suggestions?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm 101
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 08:52:22 AM »
bvtech,

Well, you should be looking at your Error Logs to see which device this is happening on.

Log into the system and go to Operations > Error Information and download the logs. When looking at the logs it should show you which phone is having the problem. Alternately you could just use the System Administration and Diagnostics interface to look at the maintenance logs that way to see which device is having the issue.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 09:43:55 AM »
Ok. I looked at that on a test system.  It seems like it is going to take a very long time to download.

The more pressing issue is, why does A101 lock up all the phones so that they cannot be used until the alarm is cleared?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 11:00:32 AM »
bvtech,

Well, since this can happen on a Device or a Board so if ALL phones are going down then it would point to the Board. Swap out the board that the phones are connected up to and see if that fixes your issue.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:36:40 AM »
I looked through the logs and found that extension 1008 is the guilty culprit.  Unfortunately there are about 6 things that could be causing the phone to lock up.  We have started with replacing the phone, the line cord and the jack and we will see what happens.  After that it gets more complicated like changing pairs and fuses on a buried cable.  Fortunately the customer is very understanding and is aware of the process.  Thanks for the help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10