Author Topic: Phones forced to answer  (Read 653 times)

Offline SolRobinson

• View Profile
Phones forced to answer
« on: October 01, 2019, 06:02:14 AM »
EDIT: With a bit of extra digging I found the 'Ring IC Always' setting, I rang 337 with the phone on the hook to turn it on and now it's fixed both phones.

Hi, I have fallen into the responsibility of looking after the phones in our office there are about 20 mitel phones and 2 of the phones in the business force other phones to automatically answer when they ring.

So for example, one of the phones happens to be mine, when I ring ANY other phone in the business, it gives them 2 short rings and then puts me on speaker, without them even touching their phone.

This happens with only one other phone in the business, I've tried to look at replicating the exact same settings of other phones but nothing seems to fix it. I'm not very clued up on these phones but, I have a basic understanding, if someone can explain to me how to fix this, that'd be great.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 06:16:55 AM by SolRobinson »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Phones forced to answer
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 06:29:24 AM »
SolRobinson,

Well you have half the picture correct.

The issue is that everyone’s phones are set to handsfree so anyone not set to ring intercom always is going to be answered after an alert tone; half-ring.

Usually you will see this setup when one or more people are required to have the ability to be automatically answered when they call other extensions; like a classroom phone.

If you want to eliminate the problem then just turn off handsfree and turn on ring intercom always on each phone. Then in the future just copy and paste the flags to any new phones.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10