Author Topic: Mitel 5330e and SX 200 - Outgoing calls Access Denied  (Read 2441 times)

Offline dnickel

• View Profile
Mitel 5330e and SX 200 - Outgoing calls Access Denied
« on: September 25, 2019, 06:27:38 PM »
Hello everyone,
 I have inherited the management of a SX200 and learned much as possible in the last month but I am stumped.
I setup Mitel 5330e phone like any other but outgoing calls receive Access Denied or No access. I switched out the mac address with another phone and it
it has the same error.

I talked with the old phone guy and he told me the phones were in the wrong mode. He gave me some directions to follow but they did not make sense on the 5330e.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline daniel0581

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 5330e and SX 200 - Outgoing calls Access Denied
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 10:35:27 PM »
In form 9 check to see if the COS and COR are the same as other sets that are working as expected.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 07:29:14 AM »
Is this a hospitality or similar property? In some cases they are setup with Outgoing Call Restriction, and you have to go the console or sub-attendant and go to Guest Room or Extension, and enable Local or LD calling. This setup kind of "over-rides" traditional COR in the SX200

Offline dnickel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 03:42:34 PM »
Acejavlin this is for a hotel. You were right. I made the changes you laid out and it worked. Thank You

Now I have another issue.. the phone will randomly go to "Locked Out" ..you can press the X key to make a change and dial out but then it will go back to Lock Out ever so often.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 12:30:43 PM »
Acejavlin this is for a hotel. You were right. I made the changes you laid out and it worked. Thank You

Now I have another issue.. the phone will randomly go to "Locked Out" ..you can press the X key to make a change and dial out but then it will go back to Lock Out ever so often.
"LOCKED OUT" means the device is stuck off-hook for a duration beyond the inter-digit timeout value... This is usually an indication of a bad device, specifically a bad hookswitch in IP phones, or an improperly installed headset lifer kit. This can also happen if headset mode is active and no headset is connected or the call isn't disconnected properly.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 10:30:58 AM by acejavelin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 07:26:35 PM »
I would also check and verify the handset is plugged into the correct port on the phone as this can cause strange behavior

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10