Author Topic: Mitel 250 - SIP calls dropping whilst queuing.  (Read 928 times)

Offline Liam.Doyle

• View Profile
Mitel 250 - SIP calls dropping whilst queuing.
« on: September 25, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advise on an issue raised by a customer recently, a lot of their callers are reporting that they are getting disconnected whilst queuing to be answered.

They are running on a Mitel 250 HX Controller (v6.3.7.78) with 128 digital handset (x2 DEIs, x8 DDMs), no analogue, IP or SIP devices.
We have Gamma SIP (26 channels) as our primary circuit (inbound and out), plus x2 ISDN 2s for one of the inbound numbers.
There are x8 UVM ports on the system and 1 filebase MOH license.

Using the system calculator it has come back advising that we should not need a PEC Module or PS-1 server.

This system is installed in a GP surgery with three independent practices operating within the same building. So as you can imagine, a lot of calls!
The three main numbers for the practices are throttled for inbound calls at network level to prevent the system from being swamped with inbound calls.

The customer has been reporting for a number of weeks now that patients have been complaining of getting cut off whilst queuing in the ACD hunt groups for the main numbers of all three practices.
They are not using agent IDs in these groups but are simply logging in with their extensions.
Each of the ACD groups uses repeating comfort messages with queue position announcements.
Trunk usage is high system-wide for the total number of lines available but they don't often max out.

Having been provided with examples of calls I have looked over call reports and Wireshark traces, they are all (or mostly) being disconnected by the system.
I know the issue cannot be a system timer as some callers are dropped after only minutes of entering the queue while others are being disconnected after queuing for 30 minutes+.
I am not 100% certain that the issue is limited only to calls to the main ACD groups.
However this is where the bulk of their inbound calls route to so this is were we are getting all of our examples from.

I have recently ran a database repair which corrected a number of minor username discrepancies but nothing major.

Any thought or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 250 - SIP calls dropping whilst queuing.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 01:00:23 PM »
Liam.Doyle,

Without seeing any SIP traffic traces it would be hard to determine what the issue is.

Were there any 300, 400, or god forbid 500, 600 level responses from either side.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10