Author Topic: Mitel 52XX / 5224 SIP Configuration Issues - no proxy configured - only for TFTP  (Read 1793 times)

Offline windswept321

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Starting with a known, working configuration dump from a 5224 set up using the web interface, I am unable to get this working as a tftp served template. The username has been replaced in every section and the password updated to match the short one set in pbx - the extension should work as it was working previously with the same settings when manually configured. Whenever I try to dial, the phone gives a ‘no proxy configured’ message. All phones and pbx have their own vlan, pbx has the ftfp server which is working well and opnsense is handling DHCP.
I need to switch to tftp as the phones have taken to randomly rebooting with DHCP errors and one has once lost its configuration completely. I have also tested tftp with another handset and password variations with the same ‘no proxy configured’ issue. Proxy is definitely entered in the XML with the pbx IP.
Can anyone help me with this please?

The downloaded working manual configuration file from one of the random reboots with errors phones used for tftp:

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
I need to switch to tftp as the phones have taken to randomly rebooting with DHCP errors and one has once lost its configuration completely.
Honestly, is it worth it? These phones are 10+ years old and sound like they are failing... just replace them with something usable. As an example, refurbished Yealink T-32g sets can be had for under $40, and T21G phones for under $25.

Whatever is going on with your Mitel devices sound like more than a simple configuration issue.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10