Author Topic: Mitel 5000 New ISP Remote Site Help  (Read 1071 times)

Offline RogersPoultryCo

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 New ISP Remote Site Help
« on: September 16, 2019, 06:13:27 PM »
we are currently moving to a new internet and voice provider. we are currently running the old and new side by side. our new service will have new routers Sonicwall TZ300s at each location. our corperate office has our PRI box and our mitel 5000 box. Each location is on its own subnet, the connections are up and routes are in place on the new system and everything works. Both sides can ping eachother in tests and the data and remote desktop sessions work great in tests. we have no VLANs, our phones are on the same subnet at each respected location as the data.

Corporate office
-192.1.1.0/24
-Sonicwall
-PRI Box
-Mitel 5000 (DHCP disabled)
-15ea 5330E IP Phones set to Static IPs

Remote Office
192.168.200.0/24
-Sonicwall
-10ea 5330E IP Phones set to static IPs

i did a test this last weekend to switch everything over to the new ISP. (Phone numbers have not been ported so i understand calling in wouldnt work, strictly a network test) at our cooperate office, data and phones worked great. phones came right back up to the mitel box no issues. our remote site the data came up fine, but the phones were stuck "Contacting server" i am able to ping the mitel box from the remote site.

what could be causing only the IP phones to not route across my network to the Mitel Box. is this a Sonicwall Issue? or a Mitel issue?

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 New ISP Remote Site Help
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 06:49:21 PM »
Were your remote phones always remote? Put one into Teleworker mode and point it to the 5000 IP.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 07:20:54 PM »
RogersPoultryCo,

How was this setup before?

Were the phones going across the Internet to get back to the MiVO-250? If so follow the below instructions to see if that works for you.

Get into your Database Programming of the MiVO-250 and find one from any remote office that isn't working.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {Extension} > IP Settings: NAT Address Type

If it shows as NAT then change it to Native. If it shows as NAT then all of your phones were setup as Teleworker phones and need to be changed to Native phones instead to go across the VPN and provide the correct network address.

You will also need to remove the Teleworker programming from the phones as well. To do that follow the below instructions.

Reboot the phone and hold down the 7 key until it shows the Teleworker menu.
Select to delete the Teleworker programming and then save and reboot the phone.

Thanks,

TE

Offline RogersPoultryCo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:18:12 PM »
The locations are currently connected over an AT&T MPLS network. So the phones are going across that. The new setup is a layer2 transparent link from the new ISP. No routing is being done by the new ISP link. Routing is done in our Sonicwall. I can ping the Mitel 5000 from the remote site and all other data is routed correctly so I know the route is working correctly

All phones are set to Native

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 08:39:46 PM »
RogersPoultryCo,

Then hold down the 7 key while booting up the phone until you get the following.

[Config Teleworker?  ]
[*=Yes            #=No]

Press *

[Delete/New Settings?]
[*=Delete       #=New]

Press #

[IP Address Type:     ]
[*=IPV4        #=IPV6]

Press *

[Teleworker Gateway: ]

Using the
  • key for a [.] in between octets of the IP Address put in the IP Address of the MiVO-250. If the IP Address were 213.235.32.101 then you would dial 213#235#32#101

Press the * key to go backwards if you typed incorrectly
Press the down arrow to save the address

[Store Changes?      ]
[*=Yes           #=No]

Press the *

The phone will reboot and point itself to the phone system.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10