Author Topic: Call Recoding Question (alarm waiting for extension association from SRC.)  (Read 2251 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Call Recording Server version 9
MiCollab 7.3

I've got several CC agents who have two lines and I have call recording setup to capture both lines. The primary line is recording fine but the secondary line says alarm waiting for extension association from SRC.

Not really sure what the SRC is as I wasn't involved with putting this system in. I checked the MBG and found references to an SRC server. I logged into that server and stopped and started services which didn't resolve the issue.

I'm not sure where to start tshooting. These phones are not teleworkers and to my knowledge this was working before as the manager reviews both internal and external calls. I've rebooted the phone but have not restarted the SRC server.

thanks,

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Recoding Question (alarm waiting for extension association from SRC.)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 11:20:20 AM »
The MBG probably serves as the SRC. The secondary line will need to be enabled for call recording. It's likely under Service Configuration > MiNet Devices.

The SRC is the Secure Recording Connector which allows your recording system to access the encrypted audio. 

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 01:29:11 PM »
As ZuluAlpha said, the MBG is most likely the SRC.  On the MiVoice Business, by default the signalling and audio on Minet sets are encrypted.  Call recording equipment (CRE) need something to tap in to the calls and send them (the CRE) the unencrypted audio and signalling data.  This is what the SRC service on the MBG does.  Phones are supposed to register to the MBG instead of the MiVB.  If you look at the DHCP options, option 125 probably has the MBG's IP as the call server instead of the MiVB.  Alternatively, one can put a set in teleworker mode using the MBG's LAN IP.  The CRE talks to the MBG and directs it which phones to record.  Then, the MBG will send the audio and signalling data to the CRE.

Since the primary lines are being recorded correctly, we can say that the connection between the MBG and CRE is fine.  Also, we know that the phones are talking to the MBG instead of the MiVB.  My guess is that something isn't configured correctly for the secondary extensions in the CRE.

I have worked on a few call recording deployments, but only on the MiVB and MBG servers.  The CRE was third party, and the third party handled all configuration on the CRE.  All I had to do was set the phones (that need to be recorded) to talk to the MBG.  I also had to accept a request from the CRE and make sure that the MBG had the recording service enabled.  The CRE does the rest.  It even tells the MBG where to send the recordings.  One time the third party changed the CRE's ip address, but didn't update a field that tells the MBG where to send audio.  After that, call audio wasn't showing up in the CRE.  The third party was blaming us, but in the end the MBG was just doing what the CRE was telling it to do which was to send the audio to the old ip address.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 04:53:54 PM »
The MBG probably serves as the SRC. The secondary line will need to be enabled for call recording. It's likely under Service Configuration > MiNet Devices.

The SRC is the Secure Recording Connector which allows your recording system to access the encrypted audio. 

When I navigate to our MiCollab and the MBG section and look under MiNet Devices nothing is present. If I go to System Status then Call Recording it shows a CRE ID and that's something called 416-Oaisys-Src-Recording and it has an IP address of a local server on our network.

As Zac1234 said what should I check on the CRE to configure this 2nd line?

thanks

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 08:14:47 AM »
If everything is configured on Oaisys that's a good thing. We know the MBG is for sure the SRC. Is anything in System Status > Devices? There you should be able to see both SIP and MiNet connections. That should give an idea on how things are set up.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 08:45:42 AM »
If everything is configured on Oaisys that's a good thing. We know the MBG is for sure the SRC. Is anything in System Status > Devices? There you should be able to see both SIP and MiNet connections. That should give an idea on how things are set up.

On the MBG there is nothing in System Status > Devices.

On the call recording admin software under Recording ports  there is a tab Mitel SRC this does point to the MiCollab server it says SRC IP then what I know is the MiCollab then Local IP address is the same server that Oaisys is. There's a check next to additional configuration "indirect call recording enabled"

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 04:50:57 PM »
Strange times pakman. I'm not sure it's an SRC issue if that's the case. I know a few call recording services but I don't know Oaisys enough to offer a suggestion.

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 04:27:18 PM »
I apologize for neglecting to explain the two call recording deployment options; there's Direct and Indirect.  What I described before is Direct Call Recording where the MBG sits between the phones and the PBX.  With Indirect the sets still register directly to the PBX.  The PBX sends signalling to the MBG/SRC and the phones send audio to the CRE.  I'm guessing that Oaisys supports Indirect recording since you see that the option is checked off.  I haven't worked with a CRE that uses Indirect recording.  The sets might not show up in the Devices window because they're not communicating with the MBG.

Either way, that doesn't help solve your issue.  Unfortunately, I also have no experience with Oaisys.  If possible, I recommend contacting Mitel support.  They bought Oaisys a few years ago, and they rebranded it to MiVoice Call Recording (I think).

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 05:59:48 AM »
When recording station-side with SRC, all Minet phones can be recorded in SRC Direct mode; however, SRC Indirect mode requires 53xx sets.

for 53xx sets you should enter the IP address of the MBG in ICP ip address  field  not the ip address of the controller.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10