Author Topic: T.38 Codec  (Read 1544 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
T.38 Codec
« on: September 06, 2019, 03:58:45 PM »
I've got several numbers I couldn't port over to my SIP provider so I had the carrier call forward those to a number on my SIP provider for efax to work. Found out that the telco provider was sending the invite with the original number and my SIP provider would drop those calls as the TO field had the wrong number. Telco says they cannot change this form so the removed the call fowarding and I tried to forward from my side. The SIP provider said it should work but I need to enable T.38. I saw where to do this on vMCD and MBG. I'm wondering if I need to enable it on both spots and if that's advised?

On the MBG there's two places and under codecs its either redistricted to G729 or G711 or unrestricted. I'm hesitant to flip this to unrestricted but maybe it's not a big deal.

any advice would be appreciated

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: T.38 Codec
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:48:03 PM »
T.38 is a protocol not a codec.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 11:15:43 PM »
T.38 is natively supported in the 3300. The only time you need to configure anything is if it's a Xnet network and you want to have T.38 inter-node.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 05:12:15 PM »
I seem to recall we had to go and find where to *dis*able T.38 for a carrier who didn't support it, so I assume it's going to be enabled by default.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10