Author Topic: 2 users one phone  (Read 745 times)

Offline rehlers

• View Profile
2 users one phone
« on: September 06, 2019, 02:03:46 PM »
I have looked for this answer...I am not sure the nomenclature to use so I am sure that is the problem.

I have an office with 2 end users. We are Mitel 5000 and will use 1 5330 Phone. I would like to setup two extensions on
one physical phone with voice mail for each.

I did read a bit on hot desking and phantom phones. But I dont want the end user to actually log into the phone.

Can it be setup to when either  extension is dialed the display will show either end user 1 or end user 2?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 2 users one phone
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 06:14:44 AM »
Actually this is isn't too bad to do... Build a phantom with it's own mailbox but set the mailbox to notify the phone's physical extension, then put a secondary extension key on the set for that extension and enable ringing.

Not sure what you mean by last sentence... In my option, the secondary extension will flash when the second extension is dialed. 

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 06:55:55 AM »
Why on earth would you try to cobble something together, when there is a very powerful feature built into the phone system that is designed to do exactly what you need to accomplish?

I have dozens of Hot Desk users who log in and out of their profiles every day without a problem.

Offline rehlers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 03:10:15 PM »
Why on earth would you try to cobble something together, when there is a very powerful feature built into the phone system that is designed to do exactly what you need to accomplish?

I have dozens of Hot Desk users who log in and out of their profiles every day without a problem.

Since I have 2 working techs in the same office at the same time. I just assumed it would be easier to see what extension was being called. And if tech 1 saw his extension he could answer..

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 06:48:29 AM »
rehlers,

Wouldn’t it be better to just get a second phone then?

Typically a shared phone scenario is when multiple people share a phone during different times or days.

If a second phone is out of the question then using Acejavelin’s solution would probably be for the best.

Of course you could combine both solutions as well in case one doesn’t come in for the day. There are other ways to handle the situation, but it depends on what your needs are.

How were you planning on handling voice mails? If you want both to light the phone then you will need to take a different approach than the secondary extension as mailboxes associated with phantoms with only light the phantom. You could use hunt groups in that case to ring the phone and the mailbox can be the hunt groups extension. It just sort of depends on what you are looking for.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10