Author Topic: Design Question  (Read 908 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Design Question
« on: August 30, 2019, 01:20:14 PM »
Hello,

I have been moving us in the following direction based on my Mitel partners recommendations. Now that I'm 99% there I wanted to reach out to this group and see what others think. I understand some of the design is based on how much risk we are willing to accept and how much money we want to spend.

we have roughly 50 sites and I've consolidated all sites to a VMCD and were using SIP for outbound and inbound calls. I have another physical box at our backup DC with a backup SIP circuit. If our primary SIP circuit is full calls will flow out this backup. If the primary SIP circuit gets cut all DIDs will roll over to the backup controller.

I've been told this is what most industries are going to in terms of design. Can others validate this?

thanks,

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Design Question
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 02:35:24 PM »
In general I think that's a pretty solid set up. It sounds like the redundancy is based on the SIP circuit and not so much the WAN network. With 50 sites I'm not sure the cost would be worth it for full redundancy at each site - but to your point it's about the risk that you can accept and money you can spend to mitigate the risk.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 07:55:34 PM »
You should be able to get active/active SIP services that present calls randomly to one or the other for incoming calls unless one fails in which case all calls go to the other.
For outgoing calls, I'm not sure that a Route List actually works if a Route is congested - the call will just fail, not use the second choice Route. Maybe I'm wrong? Either way, I always go the active/active and then use the order on my Route Lists to juggle outgoing calls until they are goinhg out roughly evenly among the SIP trunks.
You can get rid of the physical box and upgrade it to a virtual. The time spent making it virtual will be paid back many times over when you do your next upgrade.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 09:33:33 AM »
Thanks for the feedback!

Glad to know I'm on the right track.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10