Author Topic: Play A Recording For All Inbound Callers  (Read 1176 times)

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Play A Recording For All Inbound Callers
« on: August 26, 2019, 01:39:42 PM »
MiVoice Business 8.0 SP2
SIP trunks using an MBG as SIP trunk proxy
NuPoint (19.0.0.25) on MiCollab (8.0.0.40) for voice mail (no embedded vm licenses)

Hi there,

This system has calls to its main number ring on a multicall on the receptionist's set.  When the CFNA timer expires then the call is kicked over to a Call Director auto attendant tree.  All other users have a DID and the call rings directly on their set.

The customer wants a recording to play for any inbound caller to state that this call may be recorded.

If it were for only calls to the main number then I could do something with Call Director, but I'm not sure how to tackle it for the other users.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I thought that I might need to purchase an embedded vm license to use RADs (which I don't have any experience configuring), but I did some reading, and I don't know if I'm on the right track.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Play A Recording For All Inbound Callers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 07:59:35 PM »
How many require this?

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 09:57:55 AM »
There are about 30 users in total, and they all have DIDs.  I'm trying to find a way to do this for all of them.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 06:14:57 PM »
You could set up 30 acd paths and play a rad before interflowing to the desired extension. Empty skill group that has queue calls when no member present, interflow timer just lonher than message length and play rad right away

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 12:34:11 PM »
Thank you for your replies, but I ended up finding another solution.  I did the following in our lab.

Say that the extension in question is 1001 and its DID is 3065551001.  I created a phantom extension (an IP device with service level Trusted) of 1001*.  Then I Call Reroute Always 1001* to the NuPoint hunt group pilot number.  Now, when I call 1001* I hit the Call Director tree for mailbox 1001.  I'm guessing that NuPoint ignores the star.  Then from there, I have the first node in the Call Director tree be a Message node that plays a recording then it tries a supervised transfer to 1001.  Regarding the DID, I changed its terminating DN from 1001 to 1001*.

This reminds me of how you can send a call to the embedded voice mail box of another extension than the call initially by rang using a Name Tag hunt group (https://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1550647).

Looking back, maybe I should have posted this in the NuPoint section of this forum, but initially I thought that I was going to use RADs.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 09:04:51 PM »
These users have voice mail? What happens if unanswered? Same loop?

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »
Yes, the users have voice mail, but it's in NuPoint.  The supervised transfer node sends the call to the user's voice mail box if the call is unanswered.  Had used a blind transfer node then the call would loop and the caller would keep hearing the initial recording.

Offline zac1234

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 01:07:47 PM »
@johnp After trying your idea I like it quite a bit more.  We need to purchase an embedded voicemail license to activate embedded voicemail, but I think that this works better.  It doesn't require me to create a Call Director tree for each user, and I can easily create a bunch of ACD queues.  Thanks for the idea johnp!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10