Author Topic: Multi-Level Auto Attendant  (Read 1699 times)

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
Multi-Level Auto Attendant
« on: August 19, 2019, 10:54:58 AM »
I am trying to set up a MLAA. Mitel 3300 embedded VM. I have the MLAA built as menu-node. I have the menu portion built at transfer only VM boxes and they work dialing them directly. I have tried multiple posts found here but nothing is working. When I dial the MLAA I get out of service. I read here to build a hunt group with the same number as the MLAA and forward to VM pilot. I do that and it goes to the normal VM message pool. I have tried to upload the message the VM box but it is either not taking the message or I have some config wrong. Any thoughts?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-Level Auto Attendant
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 11:17:42 AM »
Jason, you should have a voicemail extension with the active VM Ports as a hunt group to serve voicemail. No need to build a hunt group for the pilot number. Build the pilot number as a regular extension and set Call Rerouting Always to voicemail and that will do the trick.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:19:26 AM by ZuluAlpha »

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »
Thank you for the reply. I deleted the hunt group config. Added an extension and forwarded that to VM. It goes to voicemail but isn't playing the correct message. I have uploaded the new message through the mailbox greeting upload form. It is not playing the general voicemail greeting either, it is a greeting for our secondary business uploaded as a RAD greeting.

Thanks again

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 01:47:47 PM »
In Voice Mail > System Greetings > VM Greetings all are of your VM Ports set to the same RAD Greeting?

Also check that all of your VM ports are not members of the RAD Hunt Group for the secondary business.

You'll need some VM Ports set to the RAD for the secondary business, but the rest of your VM Ports (Primary SET 1) should be members of your Embedded VM Hunt Group. It should already be on there as a Hunt Group of type VoiceMail then another Hunt Group will probably be the RAD Set for the secondary business. Verify that the VM Ports are only members of one group. If one of the ports are in both groups you will get undesired results - or completely desired results if you're in to chaos I'm not here to judge.

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 03:18:27 PM »
I do have some VM ports designated for RAD but these calls are hitting the general VM ports. It will display the VM port number when calling the MLAA. If i dial the VM port directly it plays the general VM prompt, when I dial the MLAA is plays a RAD greeting for the secondary business. Kind of odd.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 04:00:43 PM »
Can you post a screenshot of your RAD and VM Hunt Groups?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 08:06:36 PM »
rad ports should be removed from general vm hunt group

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10