Author Topic: Disable Dialing on Analog Line  (Read 707 times)

Offline cjaques

• View Profile
Disable Dialing on Analog Line
« on: August 14, 2019, 01:20:41 PM »
Some backgound, I work for a radio station and we have a Mitel Office 250 system installed. I'm currently have issues with the single line port (analog line) that hooks up to our radio console (sound board) interface so that we can do live on-air phone calls. We don't ever make outgoing calls from this line, we only manually transfer incoming calls to it. Occassionally, one of our radio announcers leave the telephone interface off-hook after they are done taking a call and turn off the audio output from the interface (the input from our soundboard is always on if the phone is off-hook).

The problem we are having is that this line keeps making calls to 911. I think what is happening is that since they have left it off-hook it is hearing what all our audio going out on air and thinks it is hearing DTMF tones and eventually thinks it hears the tone to dial 911.

I'm going to try to solve this with better training, but I'm not holding my breath. Does anyone know if it is possible to disable any of the following: A line's ability to dial an emergency call, a line's ability to dial any outgoing call, or DTMF tone detection on a line.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide,
Chris

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Disable Dialing on Analog Line
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 02:45:30 PM »
Create a new CO trunk group with no trunks, then assign it as outgoing and emergency routing for that analog extension. Any attempts at outbound dialing will fail.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10