Author Topic: 3300 DPNSS E1/T1 link to Alcatel Dect  (Read 820 times)

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
3300 DPNSS E1/T1 link to Alcatel Dect
« on: August 13, 2019, 07:44:09 AM »
3300 DPNSS E1/T1 link to Alcatel Dect

Does anyone have this link setup and could tell me exactly what settings I would need in my 3300 DPNSS programming?  All I've been told is that the Alcatel is the A end and is 30 channels.  Current connection is between Meridian BCN co-ax to RJ45 converter into Alcatel, so I have tried both straight through and crossover directly to Alcatel connection but my link will not come up.

I'm going to start changing a few setting (colleague suggested I set QSIQ instead of DPNSS) but at this stage I think I'm peeing in the wind a little.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: 3300 DPNSS E1/T1 link to Alcatel Dect
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 07:44:12 PM »
We had a 3300 2x 30 trunk to an Alcatel 4400 and we used QSIG.
Unfortunately, that was a transition setup and it is now long gone.
QSIG requires you configure each end to be Master or Slave; you need to decide which side provides the clocking, you need to select QSIG BC at both ends (unless you need to use GF), and after that it's just call routing.

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: 3300 DPNSS E1/T1 link to Alcatel Dect
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 02:10:08 AM »
We had a 3300 2x 30 trunk to an Alcatel 4400 and we used QSIG.
Unfortunately, that was a transition setup and it is now long gone.
QSIG requires you configure each end to be Master or Slave; you need to decide which side provides the clocking, you need to select QSIG BC at both ends (unless you need to use GF), and after that it's just call routing.

Sorry Vince I didn't see your reply until just now.  I got this working in the end just following the normal DPNSS programming under programming tasks link.  The problem was I was set to B end when I should have set it to A and then the link came straight up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10