Author Topic: Outgoing UC360 Calls  (Read 773 times)

Offline Tom Preston

• View Profile
Outgoing UC360 Calls
« on: August 01, 2019, 11:33:51 AM »
Good Morning,

We have a UC360 in our conference room and our sales manager has asked us to eliminate the need to dial 8 (outgoing) and 1 (country code) before making a call. She would just like to dial the area code and phone number.

I looked into Dial Plans on the UC360 but it does not appear to have the ability to insert digits. Instead, it acts more like a script that executes when a pattern is matched.

Can the UC360 be configured to insert an 8 and a 1 before every outgoing call?

Thanks,
Tom

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Outgoing UC360 Calls
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 01:42:13 PM »
Simply make it a house phone and insert the 8 for outgoing. Inserting a 1 will make it impossible to dial local calls.

Offline Tom Preston

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »
Thanks for the idea but, being a SIP device, my vendor says that the House Phone fields are not available as they are with digital/analog extensions. I'm thinking there is no solution for this and users will simply need to dial 8+1.

Thanks again.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 07:40:26 AM »
Tom Preston,

If they are dialing the same number every time, which is what I suspect since they want to eliminate the 8 and 1, then you could setup a phantom extension that is always forwarded to that number. Then all they would have to do is dial the extension number for the phantom extension and the phantom extension would dial the entire phone number for them.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10