Author Topic: Overriding business schedules  (Read 1102 times)

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Overriding business schedules
« on: July 31, 2019, 12:28:53 PM »
We recently starting using business schedules because we needed more than one night mode, but we've run into a problem.

Our reception uses superconsoles, and before the business schedules went in, they were using the consoles to switch to Night1. Now that we're on a business schedule for all of our inbound numbers that would go to reception, those numbers are ignoring the Night1/Night2 setting on the consoles when reception tries to put the phones in night2 and go to break, doing what the schedule says instead.  Is there a sane work-a-round for this or should we drop the schedules and just tell reception to be carefull about which mode they put it in.?

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Overriding business schedules
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »
I think I had some weirdness with this at a multi location college using a single MiVB - I believe I put the console in it's own tenant to get some stuff to work correctly.

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Re: Overriding business schedules
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 01:51:19 PM »
Well, we ended up dropping the business schedules and going back to managing Day/Night1/Night2 on the consoles.

This is not the first thing that has made me think our entire reception is set up wrong.

We have 8 phones in our reception, and they're all the great big consoles. (I forget the number, but they're the IP ones that look just like the SC1000). No groups of any kinds. We just have all of the generally published numbers for our property programmed as Attendant Console Softkeys on each console. There's a RAD if nobody picks up, but otherwise there's no fail-over points, and no way for a 3rd party to join in and help answer calls other than switching to Night1 or Night2 and re-routing calls completely.

Is there a downside (other than the headache) to removing most or all of the softkeys, turning the DID's into pilot numbers for ring and/or Hunt Groups? I've even considered switching all of our receptionists over to a power-user desk set like the 6940. I just don't see why they all need a console. They're answering inbound calls for hotel reservation, ticket sales, and transferring people.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10