Author Topic: NuPoint Voicemail  (Read 1140 times)

Offline dhparrish

• View Profile
NuPoint Voicemail
« on: July 30, 2019, 11:10:21 AM »
We have a NuPoint voicemail server that I am starting to roll out slowly.  We are using IDS integration to pull in our users from Active Directory (AD).  I am having an issue re-assigning the mailboxes when a user leaves and a new one starting.  If I delete the mailbox, I am deleting the messages also.  is there a process to re-assign the mailboxes without deleting the messages?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 11:10:07 PM »
If it's a shared voicemail box, you should assign it to a Ring Group or something, that doesn't get deleted/reassigned when Users join and leave.

I'd actually have some privacy issues about giving a new user a VM box belonging to an old one.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 03:44:37 AM »

you can also copy the messages in another mailbox, delete your old user with voicemail, create the new one, then copy the messages for the new user

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 07:39:34 PM »
In the current version, you can unattach the mailbox, that being said, on the MCD you can unattach the extension. With this combination, you can improt AD user with phantom exension, remove it from them and attach both extension and mailbox from either MCD or MiCollab.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10