Author Topic: Reporter Pro client won't talk to Server after ip/subnet change  (Read 971 times)

Offline malisa

• View Profile
We changed the subnets on our network to expand our ip range and I manged to get the ip corrected in Data Manager on the CCS on the server and RealViewer and the rest of the app suite has no issues talking to the server but I can't get Reporter Pro to work It gets all the way to "reading agents" in status popup when connecting, then immediately errors out and says: "A network error has occurred. This can occur if you have not corectly configured the software or your operating system.  You may wish to check your system configuration[fffffc0b]

I checked the network ip in the registry on both server and client, the port and ip dns name are correct. I can even get to the CTI Databasein file manager and see the data, which is up and running on the server, but I cannot get the client to work.

Help I've been working on this since June 8th! thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Reporter Pro client won't talk to Server after ip/subnet change
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 08:22:22 AM »
malisa,

Have you shared the folder out on the server so it has access to the data?

Thanks,

TE

Offline malisa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 12:12:08 PM »
The folder hasn't changed, so I'm assuming that is all the same. I can access it from the client computer using file explorer. Is there anything else as far as sharing that I would need to do? 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 07:06:55 AM »
malisa,

Have you tried reinstalling the software? It seems that somewhere along the way you lost some information. When you first install the software you have to go in and tell it the IP Address of the server and that should hopefully resolve your issue.

This isn't a product we dealt with too much so if that doesn't work I don't have any other ideas. You may need to contact Mitel and get them involved.

Thanks,

TE

Offline malisa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 11:56:15 AM »
thankyou for your help, I feel really dumb! Mitel took a look and the problem was that after subnet redo I somehow opened an earlier version on the server...which was running and looked normal! but the client was the newest version so it could never connect!  WHY I'm able to run 2 different versions of the same software is still a mystery but I've at least identified them and it immediately connected without any regedits etc.

But thank you so much for your help!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10