Author Topic: mivb upgrades  (Read 2121 times)

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
mivb upgrades
« on: July 29, 2019, 11:14:49 AM »
Hey Folks - just wanted to check in with those of you who have been around the system for a while. We've got a few sites with virtual MiVBs in a cluster with a MiCollab and they are on a early 8.0 release. Any advice or tips on how to work on getting them current and minimizing frustration with upgrades?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: mivb upgrades
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 07:27:52 PM »
Upgrading physical MX/CXs is a nightmare. Basically, it doesn't work.
Upgrading virtuals goes like clockwork. Follow the doco: build a new VM then run the upgrade, it does almost everything for you.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 04:46:48 AM »

I beg to differ. The only time I've ever had a problem with a physical controller upgrade [and I must have done 40-50 upgrades over the years] is when Windows Firewall turns itself on and the controller can't FTP the files it needs, or if the hard drive in the controller in question is on its last legs and the upgrade pushes it over the edge.
Yes, the virtual upgrade experience is a breeze in comparison, but the Software Installer tool really is a next, next, next job.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 09:21:31 AM »
Upgrading virtuals goes like clockwork. Follow the doco: build a new VM then run the upgrade, it does almost everything for you.

Happy to hear the virtual ones aren't a big deal.

At one of the sites we have a physical MX and a branch CX - with clustering how close does everything need to be as far as software level goes?

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 10:35:43 AM »

o CX(i) II with minimum 1GB of RAM and minimum of 16GB hard disk drive.
   o MXe III with minimum 1GB of RAM and minimum of 60GB hard disk drive. MXe III E2T with minimum 1GB of RAM

• Obsoleted Controller modules and Units (i.e. will no longer work): o Dual FIM (MXe III)
   o FD Per
   o DSU
   o NSU
   o SX-200 Bay

Note 2: MN5550 is no longer supported and must be replaced with MiVoice Business Console which will require Active Operator license.

Caution:
1.   Before upgrading to MiVB 9.0 SP1, it is essential that all MCD/3300ICPs in the network/cluster must be running SDS Extended mode database.
2.    It is recommended that GDM CHECK USERANDSERVICE and GDM REPAIR USERANDSERVICE be run prior to the upgrade.
Note: This Check and Repair is done automatically during upgrade since MiVB 7.1.
3.    For upgrade from pre-MiVB 9.0, migration tool must be used for software upgrade to MIVB 9.0 or higher.
4.   When migrating to MiVB 9.0 or higher, please make sure that hostname of MiVB is configured with Alphanumeric.  If the hostname is configured with numerical value only (e.g. 3300), media gateway alarm will be generated and voicemail/MOH etc does not work.
5.   The feature interaction of  the Analog FXS ports in EX controller is expected to follow the characteristic and feature interaction of SIP device.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10