Author Topic: Need a little help on a SX200ML with a Dataset 1103 for PMS  (Read 1312 times)

Offline thefiremeister

• View Profile
a Hotel has switched over to a new PMS system.  Went from Opera to Synexis.  as far as I know the old PMS system worked, I never had to mess with it. 

I'm assuming the data set 1103 send info back to the pms system and the pms system sends room status back to the mitel or is it a one way data flow? 

I also assumed that if I put a printer on the rs232 end of the data set it would print something out.  so far that has not happened.     I can get the printer port to print room status from maid in room but I keep getting the same Room clean status.     *2 is maid in room and if you put in *2- 1,2,3,4,5,6 all I get back on the printer is time date room # and "room is clean" 

I checked the programing per the tech manual and it looks like its all good but I must be missing something. 

If I enter maid in room and then a 3 should I get a different status printed out or does the statues have to be sent from the PMS system?     I was told all I should see is what number was dialed after the maid in room code and the PMS system will assign a status to the number sent by the mitel.      To me that means I should be seeing a number on the printer instead of a "room clean" message. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Need a little help on a SX200ML with a Dataset 1103 for PMS
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 01:44:51 PM »
PMS systems are not just dumb text sent back and forth, there is ack/nak handshaking that occurs. The THB will tell you what needs to be sent, but Mitel has a PMS Emulator that you can use to simulate a PMS system to check your equipment. Poke around in the technicians toolbox on MOL and you will find it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10