Author Topic: Closed Caption Phone Suggestions  (Read 1340 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Closed Caption Phone Suggestions
« on: July 25, 2019, 03:27:27 PM »
Hello,

Wondering if anyone could suggest a closed caption phone that will work with vMCD? I currently have a CapTel phone works great but this uses an analog port on back of 3300. I'm centralizing our environment and need to find something that will work across the WAN utilizing vMCD and SIP I assume.

thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Closed Caption Phone Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 10:25:23 PM »
I have actually dug into this a little bit, but mostly for our hosted Broadsoft platform... Tenacity has a partnered with Hamilton Captel to make a Cisco 8851 phone but it only works with Unified Communications Manager. I haven't found a "generic" product as of yet, but you can use a simple Grandstream ATA with existing CapTel style analog phones for the same experience. It is the best solution we have found, and in the Mitel it would be just a single line SIP device.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Re: Closed Caption Phone Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 01:59:17 PM »
I have actually dug into this a little bit, but mostly for our hosted Broadsoft platform... Tenacity has a partnered with Hamilton Captel to make a Cisco 8851 phone but it only works with Unified Communications Manager. I haven't found a "generic" product as of yet, but you can use a simple Grandstream ATA with existing CapTel style analog phones for the same experience. It is the best solution we have found, and in the Mitel it would be just a single line SIP device.

thanks for the information!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10