Author Topic: Alternative to 85xx Digital Sets? (High Humidity/Outdoor)  (Read 980 times)

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
Alternative to 85xx Digital Sets? (High Humidity/Outdoor)
« on: July 19, 2019, 01:44:05 PM »
Hello,

Are there any compatible digital phone sets for the Mitel Office 250 that are high humidity or outdoor rated? I am getting tired of disassembling 85xx phones to clean the receiver contacts on the circuit board. I have phones that require this every few weeks, large restaurant style kitchen, large bathrooms with hot tubs (all hot tub/whirlpools *must* have a 911 capable phone near it) and locker rooms. Many of which require me to come into work again in the middle of the night to access (because the genitals I was given in the lottery of life, are incompatible with room entry while I'm actually at work during the day).

There has to be something out there, no?!? This isn't an issue with contact corrosion, I don't see any visibly. But it seems to be purely the rubber style button contacts on the board needing to be cleaned very regularly. Mainly the receiver button. I've tried dusting the receiver contact with graphite to 'keep it dry' and that doesn't seem to last any longer than just a normal cleaning.

One suggestion I know will be 'use radio shack cheap analog phones', but I am out of analog ports or expansion card slots and honestly would just like to buy half a dozen rugged digital phones than buying a whole expansion box for more ports. I also have to consider looks as any phone would need to look more upscale, not a standard 90s POTS wall phone..

Thanks for any help and regards,

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative to 85xx Digital Sets? (High Humidity/Outdoor)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 02:06:37 PM »
+1 for the single line set

The Admin of this board posted this a while back but they are digital sets.
http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=11734.msg52821#msg52821

Offline SteAnnesIT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 02:10:49 PM »
Those are Digital? He said they're Mitel 5340 phones which are IP.  I need Digital 85xx type phones.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 05:39:57 PM »
Those are Digital? He said they're Mitel 5340 phones which are IP.  I need Digital 85xx type phones.

They're IP - I meant to put that hence the but they are.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 05:42:10 PM »
Single line or the ruggedized 5340's... If the client needs the keys, might be worth it to cable and license.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 07:55:47 AM »
SteAnnesIT,

I can't remember the real name of it, but have you tried the phone condoms yet; silicone overlays that attach to the phone? We use those for areas where the environment is not very conducive for phones and they seem to work pretty well.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »
Single Line Adapters should be available on the secondary market. Turn one digital port into two analog ports, install proper weatherproof analog door-box phones, and be done with it forever.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10