Author Topic: Conference Assistant with Networked Systems  (Read 659 times)

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
Conference Assistant with Networked Systems
« on: July 19, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
Hi,
We have two sites, a Mitel 5000 at each. The main site uses a certain extension for the conference bridge. Each user uses their extension as their access code. This works fine.

At the second site, the users can't seem to use their own extensions to start a conference. They are attempting to use the same bridge as the main location. What is the proper way to have everyone using the same extension for the conference bridge?

Thanks for the help!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Conference Assistant with Networked Systems
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 05:44:49 PM »
Yeah... Ran into this before. This doesn't work. They can only use their extensions as conference bridges on the system they reside on.

Personally, I think this whole thing Mitel does is absolutely absurd, unless your conference bridge isn't accessible to the PSTN (in which case, what good is it). Criminal organizations actively look for open or simple conference systems and use them for illegal activities as it's nearly untraceable. Having the access code be the same as the extension is just asking for trouble in my book. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Conference Assistant with Networked Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 08:00:44 AM »
xxovermetalxx,

If you don't want to have them use the one on their own system, not sure why you wouldn't though, then you could try creating Users for all of the extension on the remote node and see if that works for you.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10