Author Topic: Multiple Call Forwarding with no answer  (Read 912 times)

Offline Sammingtonz

• View Profile
Multiple Call Forwarding with no answer
« on: July 19, 2019, 08:33:51 AM »
Good afternoon!

I am using MiVoice Business, release level 8.0 and need to get the following to work if possible:

Main reception number rings for 15 seconds > if there is no answer a message/music is played for a total of 20 seconds > if there is still no answer the reception phone is called again for another 15 seconds > if there is no answer again then the call is forwarded to a pickup group.

I currently have the first 2 steps but don't know how to limit the message/music to 20 seconds. I have found the Call Hold Timer and Call Park Timer in CoS but not sure which, if any, is correct.

I am struggling to get the reception phone to ring again after the message/music and then forward that missed call to the relevent group.

Any help/advice would be appreciated as I have been searching and testing to no avail.

Many thanks,
Sam

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Multiple Call Forwarding with no answer
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 01:06:39 PM »
You can't send calls to a pickup group, so I am a little confused... Do you mean hunt or ring group?

But I think you are overthinking this, the end result is to ring (queuing) the receptionist for ~30 seconds, giving a comfort greeting at 15s, then going to a "group". An ACD Express path may be best. Create an ACD Express path with the receptionist extension in it and ring for 30-45 seconds, and play an announcement at 15 seconds, then if no answer recall to the hunt group.

Offline Sammingtonz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 07:38:10 AM »
My apologies, I meant ring group!

Excellent thank you for that I'll try it out.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 07:57:22 PM »
Is it important to fully play the message? How is this set up now? Think you could have a ring group for the receptionist that last for 35 seconds with a rad after 15, overflows to a second ring group for the receptionist for 15 then overflows to end group.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10