Author Topic: Voicemail to email on MiVoice Bus Exp  (Read 956 times)

Offline billz0r

• View Profile
Voicemail to email on MiVoice Bus Exp
« on: July 18, 2019, 10:29:45 PM »
So our client uses MiVoice Business Exp (the bundle with MiVoice Business, NuPoint, MiCollab and MBG).
I'm trying to work out how I can setup voicemail to email.
Any settings box I've found where it wants an SMTP Server, I've added our SMTP server (O365 MX endpoint) but it doesn't work.
I've been reading a heap of posts in this forum about how to do it but none of the options they list I can find.
E.g. VM Network Server, where the fu^% is this setting?

I've looked through MiVoice Business Express, MiVoice Business and NuPoint pages and can't find out how to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

I've been through this tutorial as well. https://edocs.mitel.com/UG/Apps-Solutions/MiCollab%207.2/Nupoint/Sys_Admin_Help_8.2/np/4_unified_messaging/configuring_standard_um_web.htm
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:47:16 PM by billz0r »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Voicemail to email on MiVoice Bus Exp
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 12:06:00 AM »
MiVBX runs on MSL (Mitel Standard Linux, a variant of CentOS)... MSL has a full blown email server built in and pre-configured. If you have the networking portion setup correctly, you don't really even need an external mail server to relay through, just let it handle it itself.

Offline billz0r

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail to email on MiVoice Bus Exp
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 01:11:04 AM »
MiVBX runs on MSL (Mitel Standard Linux, a variant of CentOS)... MSL has a full blown email server built in and pre-configured. If you have the networking portion setup correctly, you don't really even need an external mail server to relay through, just let it handle it itself.

Thanks. I did have it set to use DNS to start with but nothing worked so figured it needed some config.
I have asked the System Admin for the client to add the WAN IP to their SPF as it may of been blocked as it was sending from their domain but not in the SPF.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10