Author Topic: Ring a 2nd extension at the same time  (Read 2299 times)

Offline billz0r

• View Profile
Ring a 2nd extension at the same time
« on: July 17, 2019, 10:28:04 PM »
So we have a request where if person A rings extension XXX, it rings XXX and XXY. I don't want a ring group as that will have a different DN on it. They want it just so when they ring the persons extension, it rings another extension too as the receiver of the call may be at either desk.

Thanks.

Edit: Looks like Multi-device User Groups can do what I like. Reading it now.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 10:38:07 PM by billz0r »

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ring a 2nd extension at the same time
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 11:30:10 PM »
Also lookup Personal Ring Groups, I think it is what you want.

It's not licensed if you are only using internal extensions.

Offline billz0r

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 10:10:37 PM »
Also lookup Personal Ring Groups, I think it is what you want.

It's not licensed if you are only using internal extensions.

Thanks Sarand,
Multi-device worked but in reading personal would worked too.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 01:10:41 PM »
Fast and simple way if you want x1001 to ring on x1002 is go to the button programming for 1002 and program a multicall key on 1002 for 1001 and set it to ring. Then depending on COS the person can even have the option of actually answering it automatically when they go off-hook or forcing them to press a button. No extensions change and it rings on a different key so the user can see what they answering before they answer the call.

Offline billz0r

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 04:23:04 PM »
I actually did it this way the first time but the client wanted to to use the buttons for other functions.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 05:40:55 PM »
I actually did it this way the first time but the client wanted to to use the buttons for other functions.
Sounds like a sales opportunity to upgrade some phones.  ;D

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 05:34:21 PM »
Make them a hotdesk user so they can login to whichever handset is at the desk they are at.

Offline billz0r

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 06:26:47 PM »
We have that setup as well.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 07:23:27 PM »
Hotdesk login - people who move around the office and/or share desks and/or work part time
MDUG - group of devices that all belong to one user
Pickup Group - a group of staff who sit in an open area nearby each other and hear each others' phones ringing and want the option of being able to pickup a colleague's incoming call
Ring Group - incoming call is presented to a group of people
Line keys - non-prime line can be added to somebody's phone so they can receive incoming calls for that number
DSS Key - similar to line key but a lot less useful except it allows you to see when the DSS key extension number is currently in use by its owner.
ACD Group - like a Ring Group, but setup completely differently with voice announcements during the wait time

Each set of requirements you need to try to match it to one of the above options. I may have left some out too.

Offline billz0r

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 07:27:09 PM »
Thanks Vince.

I've kept this as a bit of a guide.
We only have 2 Mitel systems out in the wild so don't get much exposure.

Offline glennmartin9999

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 03:47:11 AM »
add ext xxx to ext xxy as a blf key and set it to ring

then change cos for xxy to include any key answer

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 07:31:46 PM »
Although I would always encourage a user to us their hotdesk login, Glenn's is definitely the easy to setup and easy to use way to instantly get this setup the way they want.

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 01:44:57 PM »
DSS Key - similar to line key but a lot less useful except it allows you to see when the DSS key extension number is currently in use by its owner.

I know it's been a few weeks, but I just felt like I ought to chime in on this one line. I agree with everything else you said, but DSS keys are arguable vastly more useful, not less.

DSS keys allow you to pick up the line. Just like a multi-call, except you have to tap the button. It supports Ring or No-Ring, but no other ring options. If that was all it did, I'd agree with you. However, it doesn't just do that plus 'in use.'

The light can indicate idle (off), busy (on), ringing (blink), forward or DND (fast blink)

When idle, it acts as a speed dial key. This alone makes it more useful than a multicall on sets with fewer keys like the 5320.

If you're on a call, it acts as a 1-touch transfer key. Using DSS makes it a supervised transfer, or you can use a 'Secretarial Key' which is identical but is a 1-touch blind transfer.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 01:49:01 PM by VeeDubb65 »

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 08:11:36 PM »

DSS keys allow you to pick up the line. Just like a multi-call, except you have to tap the button. It supports Ring or No-Ring, but no other ring options. If that was all it did, I'd agree with you. However, it doesn't just do that plus 'in use.'

The light can indicate idle (off), busy (on), ringing (blink), forward or DND (fast blink)

When idle, it acts as a speed dial key. This alone makes it more useful than a multicall on sets with fewer keys like the 5320.

If you're on a call, it acts as a 1-touch transfer key. Using DSS makes it a supervised transfer, or you can use a 'Secretarial Key' which is identical but is a 1-touch blind transfer.

If the owner of the line she has a DSS key for is on a call, the line is engaged and the secretary can't see any more incoming calls. Not one secretary/EA has ever told us she was happy with that, and they always require extra line keys to manage the incoming calls (which voids the idea of DSS allowing "fewer keys").
Plus, if they want to forward the call to the boss, they generally want to send it to the Boss private line anyway.

A multiline key doesn't fit the bill either though - the biggest drawback being if the Boss and the EA are on different controllers they can't share a MLK, plus she can't see if the Boss line is in use using a MLK.
Still, if the EAs could only have one, they would always choose the MLK over the DSS.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10